Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Ear protection takes hit from 50 BMG ricochet

Medic, i've seen something similar to that kit at Sam's Club. (At least the bag design.) So you might want to start there looking for one. They do have quite a few large first aid kits there that are good starters.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Marc - Whats the breakdown in your kit there? I can make out about 3/4 of the items but not all of them, also what company makes the roll that all that is in? I have yet to come up with an acceptable quick pack that is the right mix of enough and not enough supplies.
    There's a lot more stuff in the maxpedition pack and the roll is made by county comm (costs a whopping $17).

Theres oral and nasal airways, burn gel, hemostatics (traumadex and Quick Clot sponges), kerlix, occlusive dressings, various size gauze pads, tape, some chem lights, cinch tight dressing, gloves, cravats. In the bag there's a CPR kit, sam splints, tourniquet's, drugs (OTC stuff) and multiples of everything in the roll. I have a small blow out kit which is mainly for gunshot trauma as well. That usually rides in my range bag, or whatever i'm carrying. There's also a minimalist trauma kit in the outside pocket my school bag (county comm bail out bag, looks like a laptop case/soft breifcase)

Kenshin, i assure you you won't find anything stocked like that at sams club.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Kenshin, i assure you you won't find anything stocked like that at sam's club.
    Agreed, Sam's club, K-Mart, etc stock "boo-boo kits", not trauma kits.

(Centre County)

Yeah I know nothing that comes prepackaged will fill the role that I am looking to fill. I just didn't know what some of the specific's you have in your bag were and if you found anything exceptionally useful that is atypical. I have a good idea what I want loaded up and hell already have 1/2 of it stocked up. I know what works for me at work and what doesn't, I've also got a decent number of friends who are combat medic's in the army or corpman in the navy and they have given my some advice on what worked for them in the sandbox and eastern bloc countries and what didnt.
    Thanks Marc!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Allegheny County)

I think this is a very good thread.
    Well, I mean the part about the first aid/trauma kits.
    I think it should be moved to another heading and continued.

ps. I do not mean to say that the original thread about the 50 bmg is not a good thread.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Yeah I know nothing that comes prepackaged will fill the role that I am looking to fill. I just didn't know what some of the specific's you have in your bag were and if you found anything exceptionally useful that is atypical.
    Well, i'm also a EMT-W so i do know how to do some exceptionally useful things with typical items.

(Berks County)

I had said the bag that it was rolled in looked like something they carried at sams. And then i said they have some good large first aid kits and are good places to start. (Most people that i know have very little first aid or trama training.) I haven't remotely found anything trama related at any retail store like that. The only thing that comes remotely close to anything useful are the infantry individual first aid kits you can find online or at an army navy store. Or you can find a few places online that sell trama kits if you really wanna spend several hundred dollars. (Paramedic and EMT kits.)
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Is anyone else wondering why that guy was shooting a .50 BMG at something that is that close in the first place. I was thinking it would be at something out a little ways, but the "iron" is pretty close. What's the point of shooting that rifle at something that's just a couple hundred yards away or closer? Anyway, nice information with the med kits fellows, thank ya.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Is anyone else wondering why that guy was shooting a .50 BMG at something that is that close in the first place. I was thinking it would be at something out a little ways, but the "iron" is pretty close. What's the point of shooting that rifle at something that's just a couple hundred yards away or closer?
    I have to drive a good distance to find a range over 100 yards around here.

Well I understand that, I've been in certain parts of Pennsylvania. I just don't know why the heck you'd buy a .50 BMG if you didn't really have a place to shoot it at. Heck I would think if you can afford to shoot that rifle often enough to buy one, you'd be able to afford some acreage that was long enough to shoot it. I'm a quite blessed, in my hometown I drive about 2 miles and I can shoot for 1,000 yards, it's all flat land here and not too many trees.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast