Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: A question for all

I'm just getting my foot in the door of politics. I have family who have been key members of the community for decades so I stand a fairly good chance of getting some votes. Even if everything goes well, it could be years before I can affect any sort of policy.
    In the meantime I inform fellow gun owners of their rights and encourage them to know what their rights are and not be afraid to open carry. A lot of laws are taken by word of mouth, like that non-existent 3" knife blade rule. I try to get them away from being fearful of the laws someone told them and push them towards being confident in the laws they've personally read. A lot of people are utterly shocked that you're legally protected from having to bend over backwards and give your life story at the command of an officer.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by MuzzleFlash View Post
    A lot of people are utterly shocked that you're legally protected from having to bend over backwards and give your life story at the command of an officer.
    The worse part is when the officer doesn't see the crime happen but they ask the person if they did something wrong or something and they confess in fear. Keep your mouth shut and stay free.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    I've read the thread at

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ll-page-5.html

I've answered the question. But like EMPTY MAG said it's great to chest thump. MY children are grown my wife is dead so it's an easy choice for me.

But the question is when gun control comes it will be in the form of laws and the outlawing the manufacturing of gun and ammo outlawing hunting or target ranges nobody at the door kicking it in to take your guns. Be honest in your answers heres the question

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO PREVENT SUCH A LAW OR LAWS FROM BEING PASSED ?

For my part I know who I'm voting for.
    I write to each member of the house or Senate both Federal and State to make my views on gun control know. But even that may not be enough.
    Talk to each candidate for any office, mayor, council etc.
    Contribute to org. that support the 2nd amendment

I still feel like I'm losing ground so a big part of this question is to get idea to turn the anti trend around

COME ON GUYS YOUR READING THIS THREAD ANSWER THE QUESTION OR DO YOU JUST SIT ON YOUR BACKSIDES AND HOPE SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???
    Yo *****, dat aint shit!

I've stood up to my father in law (to be) about gun rights after his outrageous anti gun right rant.

During the first contribution to org that I can remember I made the 2nd major contribution following Danp or Dang or something close to that (lol).

I'm attempting to get into politics, but I don't know anyone really at all who's into them.

I read about history a lot, and I often make provisions for the consequences of what hell we're about to face as a result of failure to learn to the past which is often paid by suffering, murder, and rape.

Nothing to great, and I want to shoot this computer.

(Susquehanna County)

WOW JUST WOW 170 people viewed this post and only 12 had the guts to post to it. Unbelievable no wonder we're losing to the ANTI"S

(Somerset County)

NRA Life Member and donate additional funds when I have them. I've written a few letters, not as many as I should, but I'm trying to get better at that. Speak up for the cause when conversations turn that direction. Not quite an activist yet but PAFOA is helping me get there ...

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    WOW JUST WOW 170 people viewed this post and only 12 had the guts to post to it. Unbelievable no wonder we're losing to the ANTI"S
    Well not that I am defending anyone but you do realize the 'views' doesn't take into consideration the same member viewing the post over and over. Personally I looked at the thread twice last night before posting (was collecting my thoughts) and I have since looked at the thread (to see the other's responses) at least 5 times so it's really not fair to say 170 different people looked at it.

(Montgomery County)

Hide the gun and ammo.
    Wait until I am real old and can't enjoy life anyway.
    Go gunning for the POS that voted for the gun ban and the one who signed it into law.
    Why die with bed sores and a diaper, knowing that there is work to do that cost the young more to do?

Well, I have been called a "chest-pounder" before, but anyone who knows me ,and my situation, knows where I stand.

For those of you who don't know me, call me anything you want.
    I've been called worse, by a whole better class of people.

(Chester County)

I vote...mostly I complain on a pro 2A website though...Lets get together and do something man...

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    I vote...mostly I complain on a pro 2A website though...Lets get together and do something man...
    Were you in Harrisburg on April, 21 st???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast