Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Less expensive gun club to join ?

WOW, I feel for the majority of you. I went down to my local range to see what it was going to cost me to join. ( it was $10 a year, but that was 20 years ago and new guys took over and added all new stuff to the range. Fixed it up really nice) Now, it is a big mother, easilyl over 100 yards. It has swingers set up at varying stages, It has a pavillion to shoot under with really nice shootin stations set up under the pavillion. It has an indoor range with seating and a place to prepare food.

I was hestitant to join due to the cost. Well till I started checking out some of the ranges that you guys mention. I hereby love my range. Cost for one year member ship to belong to all this.

$25.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Wow. Another reason for me to move back home! (cheap range!)

I guess it really depends on how you look at it when it comes to membership fees... My club (PMSC) is $65/yr. That's a drop in the bucket compared to ammo, guns, gear that we all buy. Not to mention the convenience of having a place to shoot that doesn't require an hour drive to shoot for "free."
    Other benefits are the other members who teach and help each other and the outstanding facilities that allow me to shoot indoors (pistol) at night or when its raining too hard. Trust me, $65 is hard for me to scrape up these days, but it's money well spent in my view.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I feel that PMSC is an incredible bargain, too.

(Cambria County)

Have check out your website (PMSC). I would love to hook up with you guys this smmmer. Get together and throw some brass around.

The range near my house doesn't have a website. I will have to take some pics and post them.

Funny, I live in the woods,(emptymag knows the area. I be's a country boy) so paying someone so I can shoot seems almost ridicules. I once more feel for the city boy. I guess you can't just walk out in the back yard and blast off a couple can you. I can see where a range would be extremely valuable in your case.

Anyway, I want to hook up with you guys later int the year. I'll drive out to meet and shoot with you guys.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: Less expensive gun club to join ?

I am a member now with Coraopolis gun club, near Moon twp., near the Sewickley twn. and the airport, ( for those who don't know where it is to join).
    It is very easy to find, they even have a 2-story club house, indoor and outdoor shooting ranges, it is very cheap to join....for seniors, $25 for initiation and $25 for membership, and $25 every year thereafter.
    For younger...$25 for initiation and $50 for membership initially, and $50 thereafter renewal per year. the cheapest price I could find and just few blocks away from I-79 frwy. and couple of miles from other frwy. not a bad location.
    Contact person is Keith, phn. number-(412) 264-9920, for further information.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by deepcharge41 View Post
    I am a member now with Coraopolis gun club, near Moon twp., near the Sewickley twn. and the airport, ( for those who don't know where it is to join).
    It is very easy to find, they even have a 2-story club house, indoor and outdoor shooting ranges, it is very cheap to join....for seniors, $25 for initiation and $25 for membership, and $25 every year thereafter.
    For younger...$25 for initiation and $50 for membership initially, and $50 thereafter renewal per year. the cheapest price I could find and just few blocks away from I-79 frwy. and couple of miles from other frwy. not a bad location.
    Contact person is Keith, phn. number-(412) 264-9920, for further information.
    Deepcharge,

Thanks for the info. Coraopolis is not too far from where I work (Carnegie), so it might be nice to head over during the week after work if I decide to join. A couple of questions -- Do they let you practice pistol firing by drawing from a holster there? Is there a limitation how many rounds fired at a time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12