Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRRRRRR!!! >:-(

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: GRRRRRR!!! >:-(

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    but then,

DONT CARRY WEAPONS
    next time you see that doc, as if they are prepared for the medical malpractice suit they might get hit with if one of their patients follows this advice and ends up dead or injured because of not being able to defend themselves.

my best friend is a physicians assistant (PA). some of her colleagues were debating the merits of asking about gun ownership and a prominent PA suggested telling patients if they have kids in the house, they should remove all guns from the house or, at least, keep them all locked up with ammo stored separately.

another PA pointed out that if a patient followed that advice and was the victim of a home invasion and was unable to defend his family because of not having a gun in a ready state, they could get hit with a medical malpractice suit.

several other PAs agreed.

i don't know if such a lawsuit is realistic or not, but it is apparently enough of a possibility that a bunch of medical professionals thought it was a real concern.
    F*S=k

Gee, another "common sense" thing to stay healthy should have been on the list:

Do not be a helpless victim by getting mugged, stabbed, raped or shot by a violent criminal.

(Lebanon County)

Ohhhhh, so thaaaaats why I'm not physically fit. Lemme put my weapons away.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    next time you see that doc, as if they are prepared for the medical malpractice suit they might get hit with if one of their patients follows this advice and ends up dead or injured because of not being able to defend themselves.

my best friend is a physicians assistant (PA). some of her colleagues were debating the merits of asking about gun ownership and a prominent PA suggested telling patients if they have kids in the house, they should remove all guns from the house or, at least, keep them all locked up with ammo stored separately.

another PA pointed out that if a patient followed that advice and was the victim of a home invasion and was unable to defend his family because of not having a gun in a ready state, they could get hit with a medical malpractice suit.

several other PAs agreed.

i don't know if such a lawsuit is realistic or not, but it is apparently enough of a possibility that a bunch of medical professionals thought it was a real concern.
    My wife is a PA, she carries everywhere it's legal. She doesn't like it, the thought of having to use the gun scares her, I do know that she would use it to defend our children.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    so i went to the doctor yesterday for a physical and some vaccinations. as i was waiting between the tests and the vaccines, the doctor handed me a paper on health and risk reduction to read over.

most of the paper made sense,

get 8 hours sleep, dont smoke, dont binge drink, dont do drugs...

but then,

DONT CARRY WEAPONS

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

when the doctor came back in with the shots, she asked me if i had a chance to read it. fuming, i said i had read it and had wildly contrasting views. as i began to launch into a "this is such bullshit for so many reasons" type speech, she cut me off and said that people had had problems with it in the past. this made me a little happier (maybe it was one of you that complained) but i still made it clear that such language in a medical handout is extremely inapropriate.

anyways, not carrying a weapon is one doctor perscription that i will definitely NOT fill
    I really hope for the sake of the other people in the doctor's office at that time that you were not carrying a "weapon"!
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

(Allegheny County)

More importantly for your health...I hope you weren't getting a "FLU" shot.

Especially the dreaded.,,E.O.T.W.,,,wet your pants...run all red lights
    SWINE FLU!

The modern medical industry is a greater risk to your "health" and pocketbook,
    than anything else.

Good luck and be safe!

Later
    Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

(Butler County)

I rip the name off my NRA magazines and leave them in the doctors magazine rack ever since the nurse gave me one of those forms.

Quote Originally Posted by 760gamemaster View Post
    I rip the name off my NRA magazines and leave them in the doctors magazine rack ever since the nurse gave me one of those forms.

Mine go to my nephew in Afghanistan, but that is a great idea. Maybe I will start to alternate recipients of my magazines!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    but....its for the children, must think of the children
    Ahh yes the precious little snow flakes. lol The reason I carry a gun is because I have a family, I am a prudent man and always use the right tool for the job. For me and my family the best tool for self defense is a handgun. If you don't like it well it sucks to be you, and I live in a free nation to do as I please...well sort of...and for now.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Allegheny County)

Just remember-half the doctors in Pa. graduated at the bottom 50 % of the class.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast