Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ABC "clip" on getting a grenade luncher

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Are grenade launchers even regulated? After all, without the grenades they're just a big tube with a stock and trigger.
    They are considered "Destructive Devices" and are regulated via the NFA act. Just like SBR/SBS/AOW etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Is there a link to the clip anywhere?

Sheez...I almost typed 'magazine' instead of clip...
    Might want to check their site but it was only about 3 minutes. I know what you mean about "Clip". I had a heard time writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PPM209 View Post
    What would they have done when told you could buy a rifle a couple of years ago with a grenade launcher mounted on the barrel for $100? (Yugo SKS). Non gunners always gasped when I discussed the finer points of the M59/66.
    Yeah or buy a grenade launcher spigot for a Yugo AK for what $20. It wouldn't be as "Scary" as showing a nice launcher attached to the bottom of an AR-15.

But they could say that those evil AKs would be able to be turned into an automatic grenade launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Westmoreland County)

ABC probably edited out the part where they asked how much grenades are going for... the laughter on the other end of the phone would have been priceless.

(Chester County)

I saw that clip.

It grabbed my attention because Diane whats-her-face started by saying something about a bunch of (no BS) "that a load of killer weapons" were found in someone's possession. I remember saying to my FIL that I wanted a 'killer' gun not the 'safe' ones I own! lol

EDIT: Found the clip;

Last edited by buster2209; January 28th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.

Man give a break "KILLER"........the media is so full of BS

(Lebanon County)

Unreal. The media is turds. There are so many people who will NEVER attempt to buy one, and will just believe that you can order one online... I can't stand it. Did I mention I get sicker every time I see these media clips. I've just moved onto contracting scabies, and have a bad case of gout on my brain.

People sitting at home just shaking there heads, going out and telling all their friends about it. The dumbness will spread. It's like a plague. Now that so many viewers are "educated", it will spread like wild fire. It will spread like...... air. I'm so sick.
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

(Berks County)

I love how they have their expert state that they're classified as DD's by the ATF, and are difficult to get.

But instead they trust their mysterious seller that claims they've never had an order not go through.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    They are considered "Destructive Devices" and are regulated via the NFA act. Just like SBR/SBS/AOW etc.
    Interesting. I can get a grenade launcher for my M1 but as long as I don't have the boom do-hickeys, I'm good. However, if I have an overgrown shotgun with no ammo, I have a "destructive device."

(Montgomery County)

Looks like the MSM's new focus is going to be grenade launchers that can end all life on earth with one 40mm grenade instead of the evil 50 that travels at the speed of light and explode the moon with one shot, or maybe even the AK that can fire 8,000,000 rounds a minute without ever running out of ammunition.

Proud member of:

(Lancaster County)

They conveniently left out the fact that the type of device they were looking at is most likely marketed as being designed for launching flares, tear gas "grenades", or maybe flash-bangs. They typically issue a safety recommendation against any other ammo. They are basically just weapon mounted flare guns. Most boats carry a first aid kit with a flare gun, there's really very little difference.

These devices are not the same thing as an RPG, bazooka, or other shoulder fired rocket launcher. (Like they showed at the beginning of the clip) Those would be regulated as destructive devices, and are difficult to get. They are not NFA items.

What's the difference? The destructive devices fire ROCKETS, not bullets or grenades. They are designed to hold what amounts to a small missile so the user can point it where it needs to go.

Shameless misdirection on the part of ABC. Not that I'm surprised.

I know most of us know this stuff, but just in case some curious party stumbles in from a Google search, hopefully they'll see these basic definitions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast