Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Question on jframe trigger issue

Link

Here*s a video of the revolver and what it does

Also got an RMA from smiffin it*s going back

(Bucks County)

My Heritage Barkeep (SA) has the same feeling when handled too gently.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Just an update on the 638. After having it for 6 weeks I get an invoice for $70 to replace faulty parts trigger and hammer contact out of spec and “tune up”. I called them about it and they stated it was due to aftermarket springs in the gun it is no longer warranty. So I asked how an Apex trigger return spring would cause other parts to contact each other the response was I’m not a gunsmith I don’t know. So I stayed the spring is only in the gun to soften the trigger pull but the concern was there prior and would like that to be addressed they told me it would be $70. It’s been 2 weeks since then and I’ve called twice cause it still hasn’t been sent back and was told it’s on the gunsmiths things to do and look out for an email letting you know it’s on its way back could be within the next 2 weeks…. Their CS at Smith and Wesson is utterly horrible prolly just gonna sell it and get something else.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Just an update on the 638. After having it for 6 weeks I get an invoice for $70 to replace faulty parts trigger and hammer contact out of spec and *tune up*. I called them about it and they stated it was due to aftermarket springs in the gun it is no longer warranty. So I asked how an Apex trigger return spring would cause other parts to contact each other the response was I*m not a gunsmith I don*t know. So I stayed the spring is only in the gun to soften the trigger pull but the concern was there prior and would like that to be addressed they told me it would be $70. It*s been 2 weeks since then and I*ve called twice cause it still hasn*t been sent back and was told it*s on the gunsmiths things to do and look out for an email letting you know it*s on its way back could be within the next 2 weeks*. Their CS at Smith and Wesson is utterly horrible prolly just gonna sell it and get something else.
    so you fucked with the gun by putting aftermarket parts in it and you sent it in for warranty ?

LOL what did you expect?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

No I replaced a spring to soften the trigger pull which has zero to do with the hammer and trigger coming in contact with each other. But I appreciate the sarcasm.
    But please explain to me how a 10lb spring vs a 13lb spring causes that….ill wait

(Westmoreland County)

Well, Middlefinger might have been a bit harsh, but he*s not wrong. You should have switched back to the factory spring before sending it off to the factory for warranty work.
    I can*t see how that spring is causing your issues, sounds like a hammer/sear engagement thing, which shouldn*t be effected by the spring. $70 seems rather cheap if it comes back working.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    No I replaced a spring to soften the trigger pull which has zero to do with the hammer and trigger coming in contact with each other. But I appreciate the sarcasm.
    But please explain to me how a 10lb spring vs a 13lb spring causes that*.ill wait
    Did you have this issue prior to putting the lighter spring in? If not, did you try putting the factory spring back in to see if the issue resolved?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Yes it was there. It was there since first range trip. It*s not a huge deal cause I shoot it double action anyway and it isn*t there in double action. The spring was installed just to ease the trigger pull slightly. I do understand it*s not a factory spring but if you take you truck to the dealer for a recall or warranty work they aren*t going to bill you cause you replaced your tires I feel as if they are really reaching with the 1 spring replaced since it was the return spring. But it*s fine I*ll either put it in the safe and not use it or trade it in for something else

While I agree it wasn*t my proudest moment sending it back with the Apex springi shouldn*t be paying for a repair on a gun that*s brand new and has 200rnd through it. But it*s fine I*m moving on from this one

(Bucks County)

The factory personnel do not know you. They do know that people can be less than honest, especially when trying to get a service not deserved. The aftermarket spring is empirical evidence that you fudged with the gun's innards. Time is money. They cannot afford to perform an exhaustive evaluation to include/eliminate everything you could have damaged. Perhaps considering the $70 as a nominal cost of education leading to don't do that again might soften the blow.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast