Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I want one: ROCK ISLAND VRPF14 12 GAUGE 14.1" PUMP ACTION, BLACK - VRPF14

I did not set my expectations for this very high. It*s a $200 gun that did not look comfortable to shoot.

After a day at the range and shooting 40 consecutive rounds of 1 1/8 ounce 7 1/2 shot all I can say is I regret not getting 2 of them. It would have met my expectations if I had set them high.

I thought the recoil would be a bear and I would take 10 shots here, and 10 shots there, but that was not the case at all. Recoil was not bad at all and I had no problem knocking out 40 rounds before calling it a day.

I originally tried holding it up and using the sights, that lasted 2 shots. The rest were from the hip.

Mechanically it worked flawlessly. No problems what so ever. The shells were easy to load in the magazine. I literally had a blast shooting this today.

I am taking the my wife and son to the range tomorrow. I am going to run more through it. If everything goes well I might be rethinking my home defense setup and including this in it.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: I want one: ROCK ISLAND VRPF14 12 GAUGE 14.1" PUMP ACTION, BLACK - VRPF14

You will enjoy it more if you don't try to shoot it like a regular shotgun. Shoot it like the gun it is, not what you think it should be.

Check out Youtube for videos on the "push-pull" style of shooting shockwaves. You can do that from the chest/low shoulder with surprising accuracy using push-pull. I've taken my 20 guage Charles Daly Honcho squirrel hunting with remarkably good results. It's fun to shoot!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    You will enjoy it more if you don't try to shoot it like a regular shotgun. Shoot it like the gun it is, not what you think it should be.

Check out Youtube for videos on the "push-pull" style of shooting shockwaves. You can do that from the chest/low shoulder with surprising accuracy using push-pull. I've taken my 20 guage Charles Daly Honcho squirrel hunting with remarkably good results. It's fun to shoot!
    That was what i quickly realized. It was surprisingly fun and comfortable to shoot today. I will check out some videos. Thanks

I took my wife and son to the range today. We hit the trap range first. We did about a 150 rounds of trap today mostly with guns suited for trap. We finished it off shooting the Rock Island at trap for fun. My son and I did 5 rounds each with the Rock Island*.. It went about as well as expected with neither of us hitting any clay pigeons. Was still fun and my son liked the gun.

One thing i did notice was with the magazine. It was harder to load the last round or two a bit. As I tried to load the rounds they would get caught up on the brass of the round that was lower in the magazine. I changed the way I was loading the magazine and it was fine after that.

I am going to be using this for home defense from now on. I like it that much. I also ordered a couple of 9 round magazines last night. After I save up a bit, I might get a 19 round magazine for the hell of it.

(Cumberland County)

I bought one a while back when they first started selling for $199. Have never shot it, but now I'm going to have to take her out - lol. Thanks, and congrats............
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Just came across this.

iAnal

(Berks County)

Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12