Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Should i buy this? SU22-CA

Personally, I really like it. I do have a 10/22 that I put a folding stock on, but truthfully I almost never shoot it with the stock folded. The folding just added cool factor for me. Have lots of high cap mags for it too, most of which do run reliably. By the time you buy a naked 10/22, the stock, and whatever goodies suit you want, you will be well over the kel tec. Plus, the kel tec has a certain cool factor since not many people would have them.

(Lancaster County)

The only issue i see, is will it run good? With the ruger you know it will work for ever, and parts are easy. With the keltec, who knows. it might brake...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ironcowboy View Post
    The only issue i see, is will it run good? With the ruger you know it will work for ever, and parts are easy. With the keltec, who knows. it might brake...
    I own a Sub2k and just sold an SU-16 (since I bought an AR) and they are both extremely reliable and frightening accurate for cheap little plastic guns.

My 10/22 will not function on the Federal bulk box from Walmart at all, FWIW. Not sure what the SU-22 will eat, as we all know semi-auto .22s can be finicky.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    I think the SU-22 is a better buy. It accepts Black Dog Machine mags which also work in AR-15 .22 conversions. Take a look at the aftermarket higher-than-stock-capacity mags for the 10/22 and you'll find the only one that is reliable is the Tactical Innovations TI-25, and they're up to $45 freaking dollars now.

If mag capacity isn't an issue for you then you can't go wrong with the 10/22, but you should already own one !
    Love the stang bought a new one in 1988 Same two tone except mine had white leather interior & white convertible top & put some black & aluminum Enkies
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

If you like it, and you have the money to buy it...... than do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12