Quote Originally Posted by masakarijoe View Post
Welcome. I lived in Michigan for a while, and am familiar with the onerous gun laws there. If only turd-Snyder would go away and make room for a real Republican, you'd finally get the freedom you deserve.
As far as PA gun laws, ours are some of the best in the nation. Philly's only difference is no open carry WITHOUT a license, which doesn't affect you anyhow.
I'm living a bit south of Pittsburgh now, if you want to meet up during your trip for a family lunch or something, let me know.
Thanks for the kind offer but we made it back to MI already. We did have a nice trip and PA is indeed a beautiful state! I can't imagine driving through winter though with all the hills you guys have! Is it a nightmare?

MI has come a long way and we at least are continuing to make positive changes. Just earlier this year, hunting with supressors became legal! I always dreamed of the day I could own supressors, SBSs/SBRs, and transferable machine guns in MI and now I legally own all those! We still need to strike down "pistol free zones" and handgun registration though...

Anyways, Butler told me they wouldn't accept a non-resident app. and Alleghany was of course a no go(says right on their website). I ended up going to Westmoreland. Took under an hour but they will have to mail me my license as they don't issue non-resident license same day like they do for residents. They had me write a 3-4 sentence reason for the Sheriff to issue me my license and that was the only diff. vs a resident applying(aside from the getting it through the mail part).

So all in all, it was a nice trip and a painless experience with the sheriff dept. in Westmoreland. I like how you guys have lock boxes at court houses so you don't have to leave guns in your car! Something I wish MI did as well...

Thanks to everybody for the kind wishes and helpful information! It truly is greatly appreciated!