Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: An almost terrible situation

The almost-close call in shooting your naked girlfriend who's bringing over a 'special gift' is why you never leave a key outside where it could be found by friend or foe.

In the odd chance that you left your house keys somewhere else, calling a locksmith is a heck of a lot cheaper than a funeral for a friend and loved one, and you want to keep packing heat instead of having the heat packed in you by a potential cell-mate.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Chester County)

I don't believe you..have any pics??

(Schuylkill County)

OH JEEZ! I knew that would come up sooner or later. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

(Lebanon County)

BTW. Happy Birthday. (I'm sitting here dressed though as I type that. Lucky for you. LOL)

(Luzerne County)

I had an incident that sort of parallels yours. This happened shortly after the wife and I married. One evening I dosed off on the couch. She came along to wake me to go upstairs to bed. She sat on the edge of the bed to shake me. I must have been dreaming. I reached up grabbed her by the throat.

lets just say that to this day, "even after 23 years" she will not try to wake me up.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I had an incident that sort of parallels yours. This happened shortly after the wife and I married. One evening I dosed off on the couch. She came along to wake me to go upstairs to bed. She sat on the edge of the bed to shake me. I must have been dreaming. I reached up grabbed her by the throat.

lets just say that to this day, "even after 23 years" she will not try to wake me up.
    I ALMOST did something similar to my wife one day!

Now, after 24 years, I am afraid of the opposite.

When my killer does come and he kneels on the edge of the bed to stab me, I reach up and grab for his breast!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Well, I went to the door armed with my XD, looked out and there stands this AA guy. Here I am XD in hand guy at door ,senses heightened. It was still light out so I opened the door asked the guy what he needed and WHEEW he was selling meat! GO AWAY I GOT MEAT!
    There's suspicious meat selling men in my area I have heard about. I've never heard of door to door meat sellers before. I am thinking some sort of scam. Hopefully if these men come up my driveway to try and sell me meat, I will be OCing, and when I decline, they will not argue and never come back.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Lebanon County)

Door to door meat salesmen, yeah, that was a new one to me too...The day it happened I had backup so I really wasn't too concerned about opening the door, but had it been dark out and I didn't have back up, I would have just asked through the door..I have windows in my door...

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    Door to door meat salesmen, yeah, that was a new one to me too...The day it happened I had backup so I really wasn't too concerned about opening the door, but had it been dark out and I didn't have back up, I would have just asked through the door..I have windows in my door...

They have meat salesmen all over out here.. kind of pisses off the Schwans man though. They have them up in MT as well. Its usually pretty decent meat, and you can ALWAYS talk those guys way down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    The almost-close call in shooting your naked girlfriend who's bringing over a 'special gift' is why you never leave a key outside where it could be found by friend or foe.

In the odd chance that you left your house keys somewhere else, calling a locksmith is a heck of a lot cheaper than a funeral for a friend and loved one, and you want to keep packing heat instead of having the heat packed in you by a potential cell-mate.

camper

Ahh, Prison rape jokes.. always funny till you actually wittness it.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Tactically, you should have slid off of the couch and between the couch and any coffee table. This would have provided some cover and definitely some concealment and possibly an element of surprise if it was a stranger.

Most people do not look up or down when searching an area, and the couch would have been the first place they would look, either on or behind, for someone. The couch is a large piece of furniture, so their attention is drawn to there first as well.

Just an FYI.
    First thing I thought of when I read the post. Cover or at least concealment. It does you no good to be armed if the bad guy puts a bullet in your head while you pretend to be sleeping. Get the tactical advantage. Utilize the arrangement of the room to your advantage. Get behind something, stay in the shadows. Make sure you see them before they see you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast