Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: What is your favorite place to shop for guns and ammo in Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    I shop at WEaver's on rt. 209 in Brodheadsville, havent tried ASS yet but will soon , for target ammo and quality .22 ammo i get it at Wally's, Tsafa, the Walmart in East Stroudsburg sells long Guns. Thier Gun prices are pretty good , especially on .22's

Nymab
    Thanks. I will take a ride to the Wallmart in East Stroudsburg tomorrow. I googled Wally's Stroudsburg and can't find it. Where is Wally's? Or is that a petname for Wallmart?
    Last edited by tsafa; February 20th, 2010 at 04:57 AM.

(Wayne County)

Although it's not in Monroe Co., Hunter's Gallery is a lot closer to you than most of the other Monroe stores. The selection of firearms isn't too bad, depending on what you're looking for. They had ammo most of last year when most others didn't.

Go north on SR 196 'til it intersects w/ SR 191. Take 191 north (left) into Hamlin. At Hamlin corners (intersection w/ SR 590) take a left at the light. Follow 590 about 1.5 miles. Go right at the "Y". Hunter's Gallery is immediately on your right next to Shaffer's hardware.

American Shooting Sports in Brodheadsville has a really nice selection of guns. More importantly, I've gotten MUCH better treatment there than at Dunklebergers. It's a longer trip to get to but, I'll gladly drive the extra distance.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Schuylkill County)

Even though I am in Schuylkill county and have a minimum of atleast 5 shops I can shop at and one literaly 2 minute walk from my front door, I travel to American Sport Shooting, In Broadheadsville.... Rich and Paul are the best and Rich has the best shop hands down in P.A.

(Monroe County)

Yes, Wally's or Wallyword is a pet name for Walmart

(Monroe County)

I took a look at Wallmart today. I did not like their policy that they would not exchange the gun even if it was defective out of the box. They said I have to go directly to the manufacturer, so I passed. Also person behind the gun counter knew nothing about guns and barely had an interest in selling them.

Then, I went to Dunkelburgers. A little too busy and rushed. Plus prices noticeably high. I spotted a few used guns that were selling almost as high as the originals would sell for.

I will check out American Sport Shooting and Hunter's Gallery later this week.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

(Monroe County)

Do any of the shops you guys mentioned provide any Gunsmith services? I need some springs made for some vintage guns. Thanks.

(Monroe County)

I believe their is a very well known and respected gunsmith now working out of the Pocono Pistol Club in Stroudsburg. You can just give them a call to speak to him and see if he can do it.

(Monroe County)

I only shop at A.S.S. In brodheadsville.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    I believe their is a very well known and respected gunsmith now working out of the Pocono Pistol Club in Stroudsburg. You can just give them a call to speak to him and see if he can do it.
    Lutz I think that`s the spelling. He worked for Kimber at one time from whet he told me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    ... I travel to American Sport Shooting, In Broadheadsville.... Rich and Paul are the best and Rich has the best shop hands down in P.A.

It's worth the trip to stop in at A.S.S. and see Rich and Paul!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast