Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: CZ SP-01 shadow custom.....opinions\comments

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    Sauer,

I have a highly modified CZ-85B if you'd like to shoot it one time.

I have the following done to the gun:
    competition hammer
    13lb main spring
    11lb recoil spring
    red fiber front sight
    competition rear sight
    polished feed ramp
    stainless magazine break (allows the magazines to drop freely)
    Thanks andrew, we'll have to get together sometime and put some rounds downrange sometime.
    I've read that a lot of guys actually like the 85B more than the 75 and have done pretty much what you've done to yours.
    It's funny I never see any CZ pistols at the club. Maybe I'll start a new trend...lol.
    BTW, I really came close to buying your Browning HP. I have been wanting one for awhile, but my need for a competition pistol put that on the back burner.

I called Classic Pistol today, the gun is there, but it'll have to sit until Monday. I'm shooting a match tomorrow at LPR&G club and the wife has me tied up on Sunday. Much rather go look at a pistol Sunday...lol.
    If they're what everybody says they are, I think it's going to be my competition gun. I think I've pretty much settled on shooting production class. I just figured if I'm going to buy something, it might as well come already set up with everything I want.
    Everybodys opinion seems to be, that Angus at the cz custom shop is a wizard with the cz pistols.

I really appreciate all the responses. I really can't find any negative feedback about the CZs. You all can't be wrong!
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Northampton County)

Plain and simple Cz are just a great firearms the 85 is another excellent platform from their lineup. I have and early one that I refinished in graphite black and satin aluminum cerakote, fantastic shooter, only upgrade that I did was to get rid of the spur style hammer and add the rounded combat style hammer-was an early style surplus pistol,now its one of my favorites to shoot.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    Thanks andrew, we'll have to get together sometime and put some rounds downrange sometime.
    I've read that a lot of guys actually like the 85B more than the 75 and have done pretty much what you've done to yours.
    It's funny I never see any CZ pistols at the club. Maybe I'll start a new trend...lol.
    BTW, I really came close to buying your Browning HP. I have been wanting one for awhile, but my need for a competition pistol put that on the back burner.

I called Classic Pistol today, the gun is there, but it'll have to sit until Monday. I'm shooting a match tomorrow at LPR&G club and the wife has me tied up on Sunday. Much rather go look at a pistol Sunday...lol.
    If they're what everybody says they are, I think it's going to be my competition gun. I think I've pretty much settled on shooting production class. I just figured if I'm going to buy something, it might as well come already set up with everything I want.
    Everybodys opinion seems to be, that Angus at the cz custom shop is a wizard with the cz pistols.

I really appreciate all the responses. I really can't find any negative feedback about the CZs. You all can't be wrong!
    from my understanding, the only difference between the 75 and the 85 is that the 85 has an ambidextrous slide stop. and being that I'm a lefty, I prefer having that. other than that, I think they're identical.

as you noticed, you don't see too many people shooting them and you probably won't find any ranges that actually rent them out. I just don't think they're as popular here in America as they are over in other countries. I had to meet up with a forum user here to shoot his CZ's before I went ahead and bought mine. I've also extended the same offer to others who have wanted to try out a CZ before buying one since it's tough to fondle 1 at a shop.

oh, and I just sold the browning. nice gun, but I wanted reloading equipment more than I wanted the gun.

let me know when you want to give my CZ a whirl.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

I beleive you can't go wrong with a CZ. I love both of mine. The one is my favorite 40 and the other is my favorite 9 from my collection... They just feel amazing in my hand and stoot like lazers, never have any failures with either one of them either. I also let anyone at the range who ask about them shot them cause once you handle and shot one you will soon own one. One day I hope to own some custom shop CZ's too...

Here's my two, a CZ 40 P (40s&w) & a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical (9mm)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyShot View Post
    I beleive you can't go wrong with a CZ. I love both of mine. The one is my favorite 40 and the other is my favorite 9 from my collection... They just feel amazing in my hand and stoot like lazers, never have any failures with either one of them either. I also let anyone at the range who ask about them shot them cause once you handle and shot one you will soon own one. One day I hope to own some custom shop CZ's too...

Here's my two, a CZ 40 P (40s&w) & a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical (9mm)

nice grips.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

I have a P-01, wont ever get rid of it, fantastic gun.
    -Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12