Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Oaks 3 Day show Oct 7,8,9

I'll be at the show Saturday and Sunday helping out at the bunker gun shop table so come say hi if you stop by.

(Delaware County)

Will be interesting to see where the prices on .50cal ammo cans have gone, now that we can get them from Wal-Mart and Harbor Freight for under $15.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

I'll be at the show tomorrow. Hoping I can drag my uncle. Maybe find some good deals this time around.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Will be interesting to see where the prices on .50cal ammo cans have gone, now that we can get them from Wal-Mart and Harbor Freight for under $15.
    Are those legit mil spec cans though?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Are those legit mil spec cans though?
    Nah. They were probably made in China earlier this year.

(Delaware County)

Spent a nice 2 hours at the show, and found the .38 special wadcutter ammo I was looking for. About 5 dealers had it (priced at $19.,$22., and $23. per 50). I bought 8 at one dealer (which wiped him out) and 4 from another. Not very crowded today, but it will be tomorrow. The entire center is being used. There were 2 dealers who had the new Ruger MK IV .22 pistol (with the new easy take-down design). I imagine MK IIIs will be hard to sell now.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I saw decent-looking milsurp .50 cans for $11, which is the cheapest that I've seen in a while.

The first parts dealer I asked, had the genuine Bo-Mar sight that I have been looking for, and at less than half the price I've seen on ebay and gunbroker. Maybe I should have bought the other one.

I bought a 525-round value pack of Federal .22LR at one table, and a brick of 500 at another table for $25 each plus tax.

I think it was Dennis Todd in the B-building that had D-60 drums for $110, which is the lowest I've ever seen. Still had some around 5, but I don't know how long they'll last.

There's loads of powder all over the place, even the 6 and 8 pound jugs. Prices are still a bit inflated.

If you are shopping for an AK, I didn't see any deals. I saw a RAS-47 for $675, that was really the best I could find. Do not buy I.O. Inc guns, no matter what the price might be!

Oh, and it was a bit chilly inside, plan accordingly
    Last edited by Suburban; October 7th, 2016 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from Media View Post
    Spent a nice 2 hours at the show, and found the .38 special wadcutter ammo I was looking for. About 5 dealers had it (priced at $19.,$22., and $23. per 50). I bought 8 at one dealer (which wiped him out) and 4 from another. Not very crowded today, but it will be tomorrow. The entire center is being used. There were 2 dealers who had the new Ruger MK IV .22 pistol (with the new easy take-down design). I imagine MK IIIs will be hard to sell now.
    Not sure if one of those dealers was the bunker gun shop but I know they got two Ruger mark IV's in. I checked the one out last week and it makes me wish there was some type of conversion for my 22/45 Lite. It's stupid easy to break down now. Not sure if they sold but if I had the money I'd pick one up.

(York County)

Buddy and I drove from York county and got there in record time. Hit up Jersey Mike's across the street for lunch. The door was open and they were making hoagies but said they did not open until next week but they gave us a free hoagie which tasted great. My buddy tipped them $5.

We got in at 1 and left about 6:30. My buddy spent $500 on various bits for his AR and I didn't fare as well with 2 fatty 50 cans and a long sleeve T (good quality bought one last year with American flag on front and Snake on back). I'm an AK guy and saw a lot of crap and overpriced mags -- saw some chicks selling bakelites for a lot more than what they were going fro at AIM 2 weeks ago. Did see an interesting Saiga but I have enough AKs. BTW do not buy Century C39s, tRASh,or IOs they are all crap. Just go to AK files and read the horror stories there. Did see some WASRs and despite the high $650+ prices would have been a hell of a lot better purchase then the Century or IO trash. Century does a decent job converting AKs just not at making them.

Guy at the front of the second hall had some decent prices on Ammo. My buddy picked up some Tula. I'm ok for ammo but I did see Wolf Gold 223 (I like this for my ARs and GT for my AKs) at $299 which was a decent price.

Did anyone see Remington R51s?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast