Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranges in Bucks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ranges in Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Wicen's Farm is off Old York Rd about 4-5 miles north of Street Rd. It's address is Mozart Rd but from Old York the cross road is Sugar Bottom Rd. Make the right onto Sugar Bottom and follow that. If you miss the farm you don't deserve to shoot. It's changed quite a bit from the old days.
    Wow, The farm has gone through some changes! I havent been there in YEARS! Great place to shoot, with all those changes, it must certainly be better! I need to get back there and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba19056 View Post
    Wow, The farm has gone through some changes! I havent been there in YEARS! Great place to shoot, with all those changes, it must certainly be better! I need to get back there and check it out.
    Well...it depends on your defination of good. I used to be allowed to shoot diagonally from corner to corner when no one else was there which gave me about 200yds. The brothers rarely came down to the benches and stood over your shoulder watching closely. I liked that. On the other hand, the current system is unarguably a safer, the range better geared towards serious shooters and the changes have given the place new life as well as put the surrounding whiners (some of the newer neighbors) in their place.

As much as I miss the old Farm, I understand why it had to change and have full respect for Joe, his property and his business. Fortunately the geese, ducks and chickens still roam at will and the guns go silent when one enters the range.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

When I was younger, we used to go to any public Pa. Gameland, find a good backstop and shoot 'til we ran out of ammo. Game warden never bothered us as long as it wasn't during any hunting season. Can you still do that??

Quote Originally Posted by Dorbec View Post
    When I was younger, we used to go to any public Pa. Gameland, find a good backstop and shoot 'til we ran out of ammo. Game warden never bothered us as long as it wasn't during any hunting season. Can you still do that??
    Yes you can.

But it's illegal now so this time expect the warden to be there with his buddies and all their firearms. You can also drink&drive, shoplift and run naked through the mall but expect them to stop you for that too.

So in reality, no, you can't do that anymore. In most places your in trouble for a bb gun nowadays. Even an old Daisy Buck that will take an eye out only if you point it directly at the eye...and the eye isn't blinking. Well, maybe take an eye out...I've never tried it so I can't say for sure. I do know a good pair of glasses will stop a bb, that I do know for sure. Boys, bb guns and the PA bounty on rats back in the 70's taught me several valuble lessons, chief among them is don't play army with bb guns when the rat population runs out. Or at least be sure everyone understands the "no headshot" rule. No my friend, those days are over, gone with the Dodo bird, America's industrial might and fear free sex with strangers.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Man what a let down. Okay, no shooting at the game land anymore, no free sex, no shoplifting,but c'mon at least let me continue to streak at the Mall.!!:

(Fayette County)

Does any one know any info on the range that use to exist up near Quakertown?
    It was called "Wings and ????" or something like that. I was told it was closed down but my dad and I drove up there one day to check it out and it still looks like its being used. It looks like it was a great range.

(Bucks County)

If I may hi-jack this thread. I live in Quakertown (hillbillyville) anything in upper Bucks? "They" closed the state range by the lake years ago.

(Bucks County)

Twin-S was located near Quakertown. I believe it was in Spinnerstown. I was a member years ago, Not sure if it exists today.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12