Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: I will give someone $100 toward a carbine class

Well, it's 10pm Tuesday.

Since we only had one "legal" entry, eXceLon wins the $100 toward the class.

Congrats man!!!! PM sent

I honestly can not believe that on a gun board with "28k" posters the most interest this offer generated was one person. That's kinda sad.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; May 11th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Just sealed up the envelope with everything ready to go. It'll be dropped in the mailbox first thing in the morning.

Thanks again!
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Allegheny County)

Congrats man. Im waiting for my gun money. I sold my GSG-5. Getting funds today. So I shall be putting mine in the mail tmw. See you guys there next week.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Well, it's 10pm Tuesday.

Since we only had one "legal" entry, eXceLon wins the $100 toward the class.

Congrats man!!!! PM sent

I honestly can not believe that on a gun board with "28k" posters the most interest this offer generated was one person. That's kinda sad.
    That is not true. I was interested. But I didnt qualify.

(Allegheny County)

"most people would rather pretend"

we can go all into the phscology of it. Normally Pete does a great rant on this, and its spot on. Im past being amazed. I know where my priorities are, and Im sure I am seeing reality pretty clearly, I can try to help others find the path but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Congrats man. Im waiting for my gun money. I sold my GSG-5. Getting funds today. So I shall be putting mine in the mail tmw. See you guys there next week.

I sold a gun to fund my first class. Best thing I ever did gun wise !

I actually just sold another (sub2k) to help fund another class. Im down to very few "toys" now. Nothing wrong with toys, I love neat stuff, cool machines, and shit that goes BOOM. But Im much more satisfied on a deeper level with how I am living now, and the direction I am going.

welcome aboard

I must say again, Guns4Fun did a very generous thing here, very very cool.

(Allegheny County)

Minor hiccup in the criminal history credentials. I filed for LCTF but have to wait. I went to local PD for bkg check and they just pass me off to get it done by the state police. So Pete said I could use my papers from my Glock 21 purchase. I figured it could suffice as it is a criminal bkg check. But Pete suggested I still get the State police one anyway.

(Allegheny County)

Of the 28,000, far fewer look at the training section, and fewer still at listings for carbine.

It has been my experience that only about one in three shooters has any interest in training, even in an academic sense. Only about one in fifty is serious enough about training to pay money for training and then out of their way to practice according to an established curriculum.

This is not a complaint on my part. All it means to me is there are fewer people out there who know what I know about how to use a gun.

No law says one must be trained in order to shoot a gun, although in some places there are laws that say one must be trained in order to carry a gun. Many on this board start ranting and nattering on about the constitution at the mere mention of a training requirement. (These are the same self-described "gun rights activists" who cite Switzerland as an example of how an entire population can be armed with military-caliber rifles and still behave responsibly ... conveniently ignoring the fact that the same law that compels adult males to be armed also compels them to be trained.)

Ah, well. Like water, we all find our own level.

It is literally one of the great pleasures of my life to meet the people I meet in the course of training, both as a student and as an instructor. We share some important values pertaining to responsibility, education and awareness of our inherent weaknesses. We also share some of the same views regarding the world we live in.

By that standard, one in fifty isn't so bad.

(Allegheny County)

I actually just sold another (sub2k) to help fund another class. Im down to very few "toys" now. Nothing wrong with toys, I love neat stuff, cool machines, and shit that goes BOOM. But Im much more satisfied on a deeper level with how I am living now, and the direction I am going

"Beware the man with one gun; he probably knows how to use it."

(Allegheny County)

Pete,

Agree with you totally, just passed on the chance to purchase a Bowie Tactical Concepts Glock 19 so that I could attend a defensive pistol class with Scott Reitz in NH later this year.

It’s all about priorities!

Otto
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Dropped everything in the mail this morning as I was heading out to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Minor hiccup in the criminal history credentials. I filed for LCTF but have to wait. I went to local PD for bkg check and they just pass me off to get it done by the state police. So Pete said I could use my papers from my Glock 21 purchase. I figured it could suffice as it is a criminal bkg check. But Pete suggested I still get the State police one anyway.
    If I remember correctly, you can get the necessary paperwork online for $10.

Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History
    Last edited by eXceLon; May 12th, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast