Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: My SHTF/ZRT kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lcompton View Post
    Good evening, Jim.

Isn't it nice when you can upgrade ban-era toys now that the useless ban is sunsetted? I had the same idea for a few of the Sigs in my collection that were shipped with crippled 10-round magazines during the ban years. Unfortunately, every time I try to order the full-capacity replacement magazines from Sig, they're out-of-stock.

I've never personally used Wolf ammunition, but I always hear others saying that it's very dirty to shoot and requires more frequent cleaning of the firearm. That doesn't seem consistent with your being able to shoot 2,000 rounds and only clean your rifle five times. Is that because Wolf ammunition isn't as dirty as I've heard or because your rifle is a workhorse capable of reliably functioning under the dirtiest conditions?

I'm holding you to that update! Pictures, too! Please.
    i would look aftermarket for sig mags. i picked up a few used pro mags for my 92f from a member of this board. ten bucks per. one of them has a bad spring but pro mag has a lifetime warranty i just need to send it back to them, i think, i have not looked into it. i want a few new mags in the 20 round variety but they will have to wait a bit.

i can only speak for myself and i have had no trouble with the wolf ammo.

at first glance i guess it seems more neglected then it is. five cleanings in all these years, but in reality i have prob. been to the range only around a dozen or so times with the rifle. with 30 round mags it is easy to burn through several hundred rounds in a range session .

regarding your last observation i would think its a little of both. i am a very basic individual who is not overly into gadgets and techi stuff so when something as basic as this rifle works good i dont question stuff to much.
    an absolute work horse and the wolf stuff i have used, 20 round boxes i used to pay $2.50 per for , has worked well

i think if i had an AR i would feel a bit different about it but what i want from an AR is not the same as i expect from my Maddi. all my shot guns, hunting rifles and pistols are treated with much more TLC then the AK, all but the 92 f,
    that is the workhorse of my pistol collection so it is handled much more and subsequently wears the patina it has earned proudly.

i must add though, my 92 was purchased new over 22 yrs ago, my 21st, and in comparison to some i have seen in the pics and sale ads, she's a beauty.

as far as getting to the range with it , it wont happen for a while. hunting season is upon us and i dont know how i will find the time to do all the hunting i want as it is, and then we have the fall stripper action at the shore, grouse and squirrels, pheasant and rabbit, turkey, buck, ducks in PA. NJ, and VA. salmon /steel head runs in NY and PA. Decisions , decisions. what a life huh?
    Last edited by ruggerio; September 2nd, 2009 at 12:35 PM.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    ......and then we have the fall stripper action at the shore

Fruedian????
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller

(Delaware County)

as far as getting to the range with it , it wont happen for a while. hunting season is upon us and i dont know how i will find the time to do all the hunting i want as it is, and then we have the fall stripper action at the shore, grouse and squirrels, pheasant and rabbit, turkey, buck, ducks in PA. NJ, and VA. salmon /steel head runs in NY and PA. Decisions , decisions. what a life huh?
    Are you planning to go to Erie for Steelhead this year? I'll be there in November some time. Probably the 12th to the 16th.

(Chester County)

Smile Re: My SHTF/ZRT kit.

Good evening, Jim.

i would look aftermarket for sig mags. i picked up a few used pro mags for my 92f from a member of this board. ten bucks per. one of them has a bad spring but pro mag has a lifetime warranty i just need to send it back to them, i think, i have not looked into it. i want a few new mags in the 20 round variety but they will have to wait a bit.
    I appreciate the suggestion, but it seems that I'm a bit of a purist. I'll hold out for the Sig magazines. Granted, it's going to be a long wait.

i can only speak for myself and i have had no trouble with the wolf ammo.
    That's the first time I've ever heard that. Remarkable.

at first glance i guess it seems more neglected then it is. five cleanings in all these years, but in reality i have prob. been to the range only around a dozen or so times with the rifle. with 30 round mags it is easy to burn through several hundred rounds in a range session.
    Still, 2,000 rounds is a heck of a lot of ammunition. Averaged across five cleanings, that's 400 rounds/per cleaning. That seems pretty good to me.

i think if i had an AR i would feel a bit different about it but what i want from an AR is not the same as i expect from my Maddi. all my shot guns, hunting rifles and pistols are treated with much more TLC then the AK, all but the 92 f,
    that is the workhorse of my pistol collection so it is handled much more and subsequently wears the patina it has earned proudly.
    So, different guns get different levels of care based on make/model. That makes sense to me. I used to have a Makarov that I didn't much care about. I cleaned it once — before I got rid of it.

True, but it certainly appears as though you have lots of nice choices from which to choose.

New to the forum and have enjoyed reading many of the post. I, too, have no problems with Wolf. Have shot 1000s of rounds through multiple ARs, Mini-14, AKs, 45ACP (Springfield, Colt, Glock), 9mm (S&W, Beretta, Glock), 30 Carbine without a problem. Just wish I had bought a lot more of it when the price was right!!

If anyone has any they wish to unload - drop me a note!!
    MsGunOwners.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12