Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cuomo Close To Announcing Sweeping New Gun Control Laws

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I didn't read the the article, but interestingly enough, Kimber is located in Yonkers, NY.

I sincerely hope that Kimber gives serious consideration to moving their operations out of state, in light of all the gun laws that would likely make it very difficult for their business to grow and succeed. Maybe if some businesses voted with their feet (and took their money with them), it might at least raise some eyebrows in government.

Kimber and Remington have already said they will leave the state if they pass microstamping.

This whole thing is a bunch of bullshit. We've been melting the phone lines and emailing/writing our reps non stop for two weeks now. Unfortunately the dems control the assembly, and the governors mansion and control the senate in a joint leadership agreement with the repubs. 5 dems broke away and are calling themselves the Independent democrats and have agreed to stick with the republicans. We'll see how long this lasts......they have been under pressure all week to vote with the party on these gun bills.

As a back up plan I have begun looking at moving to PA.

I commented on my local papers internet article about this earlier, saying how a bunch of gun manufacturers are located in NY and that we should invite them to move to our area. I seriously think we should talk to our legislators or whoever makes such things about creating some tax or other incentives for gun companies to move into PA. So many of them are located in places that, especially recently, have turned against their industry and said their products are evil. Why don't we roll out the carpet and tell them to come on over.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    I commented on my local papers internet article about this earlier, saying how a bunch of gun manufacturers are located in NY and that we should invite them to move to our area. I seriously think we should talk to our legislators or whoever makes such things about creating some tax or other incentives for gun companies to move into PA. So many of them are located in places that, especially recently, have turned against their industry and said their products are evil. Why don't we roll out the carpet and tell them to come on over.
    I read a rumor that Remington has supposedly hinted something like this to the political reps in their district. Hope so.

We should reinforce the notion by writing to such companies sitting behind enemy lines asking them to defect to the West. And be sure to CC the affected politicians in those areas so that they know they are being watched from afar.

SO many letters and calls to make, so little time!

OTOH, even states like CT have pumped tax-breaks into gun companies to stay put and hire. That plus NY has pension funds tied up in gun-mfgs stock portfolios!!!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    Kimber and Remington have already said they will leave the state if they pass microstamping.

This whole thing is a bunch of bullshit. We've been melting the phone lines and emailing/writing our reps non stop for two weeks now. Unfortunately the dems control the assembly, and the governors mansion and control the senate in a joint leadership agreement with the repubs. 5 dems broke away and are calling themselves the Independent democrats and have agreed to stick with the republicans. We'll see how long this lasts......they have been under pressure all week to vote with the party on these gun bills.

As a back up plan I have begun looking at moving to PA.
    You're welcome here, come on over that state line !
    Jesus is Lord !

(Berks County)

welcome to the new world gestapo

(Lehigh County)

I just love the way these losers talk while they have armed bodyguards with them. Are their lives more important your or your family. I THINK NOT
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You're welcome here, come on over that state line !
    Researching jobs, school possibly, where to live etc......

If you have nay helpful info see this thread: Moving from NY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12