Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: I am against guns

Well... someone had to get the inferior genes.. Not everyone can be perfect.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(York County)

Some people just are not going to be reasonable on the this or any other topic that they are against. You did the right thing by choosing your battles. I have a couple of family members who are anti and when we are family outing try and talk to me as I am 12 yo and unable to "understand such issues". I am very firm in that I am a grown educated adult and able to understand all sides of an issue( that alone pisses them off as they themselves are not) and have made my choices. I do not push my choices on them so shut the hell up. Well other than I couple of pissed off sibling that ended the issue at family gathering.

At least until my uncle shows up and starts taking with me about guns, they won't say anything to him because he is in his 70s but I, have to chuckle at how it pisses them off.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Allegheny County)

I am glad my immediate family is pretty ok. My aunt even gave me a Wingmaster with about a dozen shells fired for Xmas. Won't give me any handguns though...

Rest of the family are out there. 80% of them were shocked when they found out I didn't support Nobama, so I didn't even bring up firearms or anything...heh.

I had a pretty interesting Christmas day. My MIL has a LTCF and I offered to take her to the range as a present.

Later in the day I get to my mom's and she's asking me about getting a gun. Seems someone tried breaking into her house between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I suggest she load up one of the shotguns that are in the closet. But she wants something smaller so I offer to take her as well to the range and try out a .38 spl that I own. If she does OK I'll gift it to her.

Now I have to work out the details so I can get all of us to the range.

On a side note my anti gun sister starts ranting about she would never come over if there is a loaded gun in the house. I'm asking her if she would be happier if she comes over and finds mom dead because she couldn't defend herself. Really hard to understand the mind of some folks.

My wife and I were talking about this on the way home and both say that if that's all it takes to keep her away we would have started carrying years ago.
    I also tell her I didn't have the heart to tell my sister that I was carrying concealed.

(Somerset County)

cant beat that!! I have a few in the family against guns and I seem to be playing with one or two everytime they show up to the house. Usually the Ak's or something like that.

(Delaware County)

I love family get togethers. I try to stay away from discussions that can turn to argument. Religion, politics, etc... But some of my family are truly blowhards and ignorant to the facts. Add to that that proving them wrong only seems to make them more obstinent!

I try to stay to sports and music conversation.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

My thought was I see most of these people one time a year maybe twice. I decided to keep things peaceful. Whatever the conversation was unrelated to me so I didnt say anything. If I was involved in the conversation I most certainly would have said something. So far I take baby steps I got my dad out and almost my mom who I thought I would never get out. Think i will be getting my Liberal tree hugging brother out before he returns home. Like someone has said small steps.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Ok I ate dinner tonight with these people from Baltimore, known them since forever, as have my parents.
    No offense intended to any good folks from there, but the generally acceptable term is Baltimorons.

(Lebanon County)

I'm so thankful that my family is 100% pro-gun and pro-rights all the way. My wife's family is about 75% pro-gun with the few who aren't absolutely in favor also aren't absolutely against. (With the exception of one aunt who seems to be against everything I'm in favor of. I haven't even mentioned guns around her, I don't want to be responsible for her heart attack).
    If being discrete means having a pleasant gathering, I'd rather go that route, and for me it's not a big deal. When "Auntie M." isn't around the conversations go in all sorts of directions that most people would be envious of, including guns. I love my family, her side as well as mine.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Northampton County)

I guess I'm also lucky that my entire family is either pro-gun or gun-neutral.

Usually, family get-togethers at some point involve a show-and-tell of newly acquired firearms...

Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast