Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR .22 conversion kit info needed

I have the Spike's unit and it runs flawlessly. If your's is having problems you might want to run over to the AR15.com forum, a guy from Spike's always chimes in to help solve problems. Spike's has one of the best customer service reps in the business. BTW, if you're not getting the mag with that price, you're getting shorted.

As far as accuracy, try some of the 60gr Aguila 22 LR ammo and you be surprised at your groups. It runs great out of my 1 in 9 bbls. It's low powered so you may have to clip a few coils to keep it from FTE. However, my unit has run it great without the modification.
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

I have a dedicated spikes Upper. It runs almost flawlessly on Federal bulk as they recommend. I haven't had any issues with it other than the occasional dud and once in a while I'll get a stovepipe. It's about 1 malfuction for every 500 rounds. I can handle amount of reliability with a .22. I clean it about every 500 rounds, it cleans up really nice. I've put some Weaponshield on it and the grit and carbon just wipe right off. It's very accurate. I can hit pop cans at 100 yards off the bench and at 50 yards easily offhand. It's a bit more expensive than a conversion kit, but well worth it IMO. I figure I've paid for it in ammo savings in about 1500 rounds.

(Philadelphia County)

I love my CMMG kit. My kit eats virtually every .22 ammo fed to to it, including all that my Kimber conversion it, Glock conversion kit, and Sig Mosquito don't like...and I have/tried about 10 different types.

I don't know if you can blame "dirty" on the CMMG conversion kit since all kits look pretty much the same in design to me. As far as I can tell, it's just as dirty shooting out of my Mosquito and the other 2 conversion kits, but I haven't cared to compare. As for the "feel" of quality of the kit, you can't really expect a $179 kit, priced at less than a higher end BCG, to feel like it's $280 (like my Kimber 22LR kit).

The best thing about this "kit" is that it's super portable and takes no more than 10 seconds to swap out. No need to lug a 2nd upper or a whole 22LR AR, all the time, shooting a near identical AR in every other aspect.

Al

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12