Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Stolen Rifles Recovered ; ) ... Stolen in 2004!! Armalite, Arsenal, Bushmaster..

Glad to hear you got your rifles back. Why the hell would someone steal a few fine rifles then dump them? Maybe you have a higer power on your side? Bullshit on the 6 years though. Just recorded all th sn's on my guns. You remind me why I did. Thanks!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Stolen Rifles Recovered ; ) ... Stolen in 2004!! Armalite, Arsenal, Bushmaster..

If it were me, I would sue the PSP for a rental fee on each gun for the past 6 years. $1 a day for each gun. Ball park figure around $6000. I think it's a reasonable amount that a jury wouldn't get all choked up about giving you for your troubles. Maybe include court and lawyer costs and round it up to a cool $10K.

Glad you finally got them back...
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAGUNNER View Post

Anyways, I have a question... My Armalite AR-10 seems to be a bit rare
    nope, its completely worthless...I'll give ya $100.00 for it!...

Seriously, nice gun and congrats on finally getting them back. I bet you felt like you could fly when they came home to ya.

(Chester County)

great to see you got em back.

i see talk of a lawyer and stuff like that... i see no point in that honestly, you got em back and thats all that matters.

(Luzerne County)

well I talked to my lawyer and he said it would be a crap shoot.... It is the state polices duty and state law that they return firearms(lost, stolen, but not confiscated from a raid or watev) within a timley manner and any costs to me to get them back.... Thirty days ago i did pay my lawyer $350 cuz the police were still giving me the runaround about getting them back... he looked into it and had to have the District Attorney & Judge sign a court order to get them back... As for recovering my cost... he said it is totally up to the Judge and PSP could say that they tried to give them back or some other lame excuse to rip me of my $350!! So ill just suck it up and enjoy these rifles.... and not only did i think i could fly when i got them back i actually did... grew wings and flew away ...lol.. no really I was so unbelieveibly sick and p o'd that I would try my hardest no to think of the guns but then i had to deal with Sniper month on Military channel last month... boy would i get maddd!!! now all that weight is off my shoulders and that are locked away safe and sound..... I just applied for my LCTF on Monday and the Sheriff said you will receive it in 3-4 weeks in the mail... if you are approved... as he snickered... hahaha... I should get it no problayymooo

(Philadelphia County)

post removed by poster, fuck this site of hypocrisy.
    Last edited by whenheavenfell; April 13th, 2010 at 04:51 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAGUNNER View Post
    well I talked to my lawyer and he said it would be a crap shoot.... It is the state polices duty and state law that they return firearms(lost, stolen, but not confiscated from a raid or watev) within a timley manner and any costs to me to get them back.... Thirty days ago i did pay my lawyer $350 cuz the police were still giving me the runaround about getting them back... he looked into it and had to have the District Attorney & Judge sign a court order to get them back...
    Congratulations on your recovery!

It would probably be a good thing if you are so inclined if you document a time-line and all that you've been through and what you've spent in time and money recovering your arms. Personally, I think it's a fine example of how victims are victimized by and for 'lawful' conduct.

So the PSP contacted the OP 6yrs after the fact. Some dept or another had them virtually the entire time. They finally contact the OP then they give him a run around about returning them.

I wasn't for legal action until now. Total bull shit.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

There was no reason for the court order. They were stolen and recovered property. You don't need a court order to get your vehicle back if it's stolen and recovered.

The only reason I can see for a court order is if they had been used in the commission of a crime, which in this case there were not.

Sounds like PSP was just trying to be a prick about turning them over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast