Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Great OC experience tonight - Educated one of the misinformed good guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    heh, i OCd today, pretty unintentionally.

I was totin the FN 5.7, bladetech IWB on the strong side, and a double mag holster on the other(thats like 61rds)

I go to the local Weis markets to pick up food, nobody noticed that i can tell.
    at leastnobody saud anything about it.

stop into the local minimart, and spot the PD Cruiser in the slot next to me, dont think anything of it.

Walk inside, grab my crap, and get a tap on the shoulder

Cops there, he says "You got a valid license to carry?"

i said "yup"

He says "That a Five Seven?"

I said "Yup"

so we had about a 5 minute discussion on the gun merits and cartridge, and he says "ok, have a good day"

and walks out.

thats it.

more than a little surprised by the smalltown cop.

Wont be doing it regularly tho, this time i just forgot.

as a note, i was wearing my Zombie Squad T, thats has the big ZS on the front, and "We make dead things deader" on the back
    You had a 5.7 on you! Impressive...I thought it would be too large to use as an everyday carry. As far as concealment goes anyway...it probably would be hard to do. but OC it's perfectly ok.

(York County)

Default Re: Great OC experience tonight - Educated one of the misinformed good guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    i would like to see someone oc in upper darby, havertown, springfield, broomall, ect... just curious to see what would happen.
    Maybe your the man for the job??
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    i would like to see someone oc in upper darby, havertown, springfield, broomall, ect... just curious to see what would happen.
    My guess is the same thing that happens everywhere else....... nothing

(Allegheny County)

Great story! Just like GI Joe used to say, "knowing is half the battle!"

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Well the guy OCing and rushing out of the Shrewsbury Walmart the other day wasn't causing mass panic. No people running away screaming, no cop cars rushing in, no SWAT teams, no Million Mom March idiots demonstrating. Instead of causing panic, he did at least give me a rush and made my whole day. Just wish he had strolled by in sporting goods while I was there over an hour talking to my taxidermy customer, so I could shake his hand, kiss him, and give him an award LOL

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post
    You had a 5.7 on you! Impressive...I thought it would be too large to use as an everyday carry. As far as concealment goes anyway...it probably would be hard to do. but OC it's perfectly ok.

Actually, the 5.7 is VERY comfortable as a everyday carry gun, despite its large size

its fairly slim, and very light, actually, unless i bump into something, i forget its there, not like some of the heavy all steel 1911s or my 10mm smith...even my HK 45 compact is weighty compared to this.

for a largeish gun, its probably one of my favorite carry pieces, and as i use a bladetech Kydex IWB, its very easy to hide.(I'm also a big guy, 6'4" and about 225#)

its also amazingly accurate, and has very little recoil, so hits on target are easy, and fast.
    Feels like a ruger MKII to me in recoil.

some think the caliber is weak, but there is useage data out there regarding a LOT of one shot stops. I'm not worried, with 20rds and proper shot placement... well, y'know
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Maybe your the man for the job??
    i often thought about it but.....im afraid i will get hassled and arrested. in other words i dont have enough money. we here in upper dump have a very anti- gun police chief..

(Dauphin County)

Good job to both of you!

I still don't OC as part of my daily lifestyle, but I'm doing it more and more, step by step, until that happens. Not that I'm uncomfortable OCing - I'm just a busy man and if someone questions me, I'm afraid I'll get "too short" with them explaining that it's legal when I'm just trying to get on with my day.

-38SnubFan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12