Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: GAS BAN ON MAY 15th

okay some of you kind of misinterpret what I mean. When I mean I wont be buying gas that day, I wont.. I will be conserving by not doing any un necessary driving, pack my lunch so I dont have to drive anywhere. I know if I wouldnt change my normal routine I would be using the exact same amount, that is common sense, but I am going to be using my vehicle less so obviously I wont use as much. I guess I should have explained more. Actually if everyone would cut back on that un necessary driving for like a month I would think gas sales would drop dramatically. IE: If you were in the situation to even car pool with others that another good route. I understand some people cant do things like this, but even if they would try to a small extent I'm sure it would make a slight difference.

(Lebanon County)

Frenchy speaks the truth;
    I have seen boycott of gas work in Quebec, but it was not a one day thing, it was by the week, and there was only one day when people where allowed to gas. that was hard on the gas stations because most had to have their crew there to sell bread and milk anyways. then the one day there was gas sales, there where so many ppl there, they had to hire ppl to watch because there where cars driving away with out paying.
    If you could get something organized well enough to make any difference, that difference would be felt by the individual owner/operators and their employees, people like you & me. It' wouldn't have the desired effect on the big oil companies, they sell enough to other industries to keep them out of trouble for a lot longer than we could survive without them. Ultimately if anyone would suffer any consequences, it would be us.

So here's my opinion, if it makes you feel good, do it. I'm always doing things to make myself feel good even when I know it won't do any real good.

If you want to make a real difference for yourself, you have to do it the hard way. Find ways to use less gas.

I went to a gas station this morning and said "I want $2.00 worth of gas". The clerk farted and gave me a receipt!

(Allegheny County)

THC,
    Yeah, I know what you're saying...
    It's one F-d up relationship. I guess I should have said that the Saudis want us dead too, but they aren't stupid enough to shout it from the rooftops. And Chavez is more than a moron.

Saudis:
    (Under their breath) "I wish a thousand deaths upon you and your children!"
    (Out loud) "Hello friend, care to buy some oil today?"
    Americans: "well, OK!"

Chavez:
    (Quietly) "Those stupid capitalist pigs."
    (Out loud) "With the money from our oil, we will destroy the United States!"
    Americans: "Well, OK! - Where can I buy your gas?!!"

NOTE: There IS gas that you can buy that is American... I believe Red Apple stations use American Oil.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    They get you coming and going. Let's just start making Biodiesel and be done with it.

Can I borrow some vegetable oil?

woohoo deplete our food supply for gas

(Franklin County)

At least the farmers will be happy with higher corn prices lol

You want to piss off ppl pay in pennies, get $30 of pennies, unroll them, then pay with them for your gas, they cant refuse it, its legal tender. If they tell you to roll them, tell them its money, it does not have to be rolled to have a value.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Besides Frenchy...any self respecting store has a manual roller/counter behind the counter.

The only way we could stick it to the gas companies is for a nationwide boycott of a particular brand of gas. For that to work, we would have to target the largest, but in the end...it would come back to us. So let's boycott Citgo and Exxon.

Oh, and the gas stations do not make much of a profit off of gas. They make their profits primarily on the counter items..you know, coffee, donuts, fountain drinks. A fountain drink costs approximately fifty cents. Sold for $1.XX.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12