Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: STI Lawman 4.0 vs. kimber Raptor Pro II vs Dan Wesson C BOb

I purchased the V-Bob, ended up gettin it from Buds, hopefully will have it by the end of the week!

Did you get the stainless or duty treat? I have four 1911's, but no ss. I've been thinking about fixing that with a V-Bob or maybe even another Wilson in the compact configuration this time.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

I went ahead with the stainless.

The Duty treatment is nice, but personally I like the stainless look better, and it didn't hurt that the black was 250 or so more. I figure if it really gets beat up that bad I can always have it coated down the line.

I got 500 rounds of .45 on the way, as well as going to order a dual carry holster from DM Bullard this afternoon, I can't wait to get her on the range!

This will be the first higher end 1911 I have ever owned, as well as planned to carry. I normally carry smaller guns, all single stack, so it will be an adjustment, but everyone I talk to days how concealable they are.

It won't be anymore concealable then anyother full size duty pistol and will most likely be heavier.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It won't be anymore concealable then anyother full size duty pistol and will most likely be heavier.
    You'd be surprised. Weight wise it'll be as heavy as a duty pistol. Thickness is where it helps. A 1911 is thinner than any of the double stack wonder nines and it definitely helps a lot. The inch shorter barrel on a commander size doesn't really help with concealment, but it does with comfort, especially when sitting. The bob designed grip should help with printing a little as well. The back of the grip sticking out is where it is most noticeable.

I'm not really surprised since I've concealed carried a G17, G19, and a full sized 1911 and discovered I hated them all. Now in an open carry situation they all are great but what wouldn't be.

I personally see no advantage to carrying a 1911 other then the cool factor since they are just as limited in capacity as compared to a Shield or one of the single stack offerings in all service calibers from Kahr. That being said I am one of those dudes who refuses to buy clothes that do not fit and wear stuff I do not like in order to dress around a gun. Too many offerings on today's market to be uncomfortable.

(Lycoming County)

I'm not really surprised since I've concealed carried a G17, G19, and a full sized 1911 and discovered I hated them all. Now in an open carry situation they all are great but what wouldn't be.

I personally see no advantage to carrying a 1911 other then the cool factor since they are just as limited in capacity as compared to a Shield or one of the single stack offerings in all service calibers from Kahr. That being said I am one of those dudes who refuses to buy clothes that do not fit and wear stuff I do not like in order to dress around a gun. Too many offerings on today's market to be uncomfortable.
    I don't like to dress around a gun either, which is why I oc quite a bit. I can pretty easily conceal a commander size 1911 comfortably though. Works for me. I guess that's why there are so many options out there, everyone is different. As far as advantages/disadvantages there are many that can be said for just about any gun. I choose 1911's, because that's what I shoot best and like.

Also, I like fitting in with all the cool kids.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I don't like to dress around a gun either, which is why I oc quite a bit. I can pretty easily conceal a commander size 1911 comfortably though. Works for me. I guess that's why there are so many options out there, everyone is different. As far as advantages/disadvantages there are many that can be said for just about any gun. I choose 1911's, because that's what I shoot best and like.

Also, I like fitting in with all the cool kids.
    I didn't mean to come off like a dick I love the 1911 platform and own several. They do carry a different sort of nostalgia with them and it kind of goes against the grain with today's carry offerings which is what draws some people to carry it that's one of the reasons why I gave it at shot.

(Lycoming County)

I didn't mean to come off like a dick I love the 1911 platform and own several. They do carry a different sort of nostalgia with them and it kind of goes against the grain with today's carry offerings which is what draws some people to carry it that's one of the reasons why I gave it at shot.
    All good, no butthurt felt on my end. Everyone should own at least one 1911. Although, that rarely happens. The damn things just seem to multiply in the gun safe.

(Allegheny County)

I understand what your saying hodgie, and I went 1911 route to get something different, no one can deny they have beautiful lines and timeless appeal , as well as that coolnostalhic vibe you mentioned.

I am a gun guy and have a lot of carry options, I just wanted another.

I have, I think, 8 different compact pistols, of which I carry 3 regularly depending upon activity and weather.

A double/single action S&W 3913 9mm, a double action S&W 442 .38, and a Colt Pony .380 double action.

I wanted to add a bigger carry pistol to the stable, as well as a 1911. So besides striker fired pistols I have like the XD and Kahr, this checks my single action only off the list as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12