Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zombies

Default Re: zombies

Quote Originally Posted by o1dakota440 View Post
    ...was all good and great when thay had musketts and we had musketts.
    Ah yes, the good old days. It was a simpler time then, what I wouldn't give to have been part of that fight... They also had standing armies in the hundreds of thousands that were really good at standing together to make bigger targets. We will be dealing with guerilla on guerrilla warfare...and that vehicle that the one department bought with the .50cals on top.

For example, with reference to the foreign policy of Napoleon Bonaparte, the historian, de Bourrienne, said[4]

"Everyone knows the adage .... Had Bonaparte been a Latin scholar he would probably have reversed it and said, Si vis bellum para pacem."
    meaning that if you are planning a war you should put other nations off guard by cultivating peace.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si_vis_pacem_para_bellum
    Disarm us seems to be the plan...
    Last edited by emsjeep; October 23rd, 2008 at 02:50 AM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Berks County)

do any of you guys watch realtime with bill mahr? i was just reminded of something he said on a show a few yrs ago. it went something like this the right to rise up against a tyranical government was all good and great when thay had musketts and we had musketts. but now with all the weapons restrictions, if they wanna come, in there gonna come in. don't quote me on this cause it was a few years ago that i saw that show.
    Iraq is a perfect example of what a determined force can do even when they're seriously outgunned. With all the hardware we have, we've consistently been getting our asses kicked by men with AK's, SKS's, and home made IEDs.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

on the other hand...Canada or Mexico isn't exactly Iran who is shipping weapons and supplies for these guys into Iraq. Without that support we would be years ahead of where we are in Iraq now. Also, Sadam was butchering his own people. You or I wouldn't let it get to that, nowhere close, but the sheeple might tolerate it for a while.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Iraq is a perfect example of what a determined force can do even when they're seriously outgunned. With all the hardware we have, we've consistently been getting our asses kicked by men with AK's, SKS's, and home made IEDs.
    I guess I have a different dictionary that shows the proper definition for getting ones ass kicked. I have yet to see anyone kicking our ass over here. Troops die due to idiots with rifles and explosives but kicking our ass's I think not. Guerilla warfare always takes its toll on a regular military force and always will. These Iraq heroes with their spray and pray and Inshah Allah targeting system are losers at best. Every time one of these cockroaches ventures out they get dealt with. Other than the suicide bombers they are mostly killing each other.

(Westmoreland County)

hey all,
    i am a relativley new member on this site. but have been a multi gun owning pa resident all my legal life. well i did a stint in the us navy. but other than that i've been here. what i want to know is this is the first time i've heard about zombies. what are you all talking about? is it a code word for a tyranical government agent or some thing like that? cause if it is i'm in. and if its not i'm into cause i like the stickers.
    Ya know...that's actually a good question! Why are we obsessed with zombies? Well, my take on it is that it's just a way to summarize any type of SHTF scenario into one big fictional event. The Zombie Apocalypse! It also provides some fun talk about dispatching the undead...which would be totally legal if the dead were to somehow reanimate (after all, talking on a public forum about shooting hippies and drug dealers would be politically incorrect!) Zombie movies are also usually full of cool guns and hot chicks which we all like to look at! So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Actually there is no right or wrong answer to your question...just have fun and run with it!

Welcome to the forums!

(Lancaster County)

basically speaking, if you prepare yourself to fight and army of undead, you are prepared for damn near anything.
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Ya know...that's actually a good question! Why are we obsessed with zombies? Well, my take on it is that it's just a way to summarize any type of SHTF scenario into one big fictional event. The Zombie Apocalypse! It also provides some fun talk about dispatching the undead...which would be totally legal if the dead were to somehow reanimate (after all, talking on a public forum about shooting hippies and drug dealers would be politically incorrect!) Zombie movies are also usually full of cool guns and hot chicks which we all like to look at! So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Actually there is no right or wrong answer to your question...just have fun and run with it!

Welcome to the forums!
    That has already happened here. They keep coming in from NJ.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Allegheny County)

You know, it'd be really fun for me to run a game of All Flesh Must Be Eaten, with you guys playing yourselves when the Zombie Apocolypse hits. The carnage would be glorious.

Cordially,
    Eric

http://www.allflesh.com/
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
    Nagant M44 carbine 7.62X54R / WASR-10 7.62X39
    Nagant 1875 Revolver 7.62 Nagant / CZ 52 Semi-Auto 7.62x25

2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 custom -1976 Kawasaki KZ400 (project)

My $0.02 from the ARvsAKvsZombies thread:

I'm pretty sure sure that most members here doesn't actually believe in zombies (the media version). Discussing weapon and survival capabilities in terms of anti-zombie prep is a time honored tradition of many boards. It's not offensive to most people, with the apparent exception the People for the Ethical Treatment of the Undead (PETU), and it lets you discuss the capabilities of weapons in a neutral and humorous way, as well as considering disaster situations that frankly, aren't much fun to dwell on.

There is a whole site devoted to this that I am a huge fan of:

http://www.zombiehunters.org/

They have a great forum that covers all aspects of emergency preparedness, ranging from first aid to firearms to bug-out gear. It's all done very tongue-in-cheek under the guise of being ready for the Zombiepocalypse. As a big plus for them in my book, they also use the site to raise money for disaster relief around the world. My sig line pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

Peace
    --RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

what i want to know is this is the first time i've heard about zombies. what are you all talking about?
    Yes.

Oh and thank you for your service sir, and welcome aboard.

Prepare for the Zombie raising!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast