Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: $1100 fine for fake SGL range permit

what a fool faking a 30 dollar permit and then getting nailed with a 1100 dollar fine. reminds me of the time a buddy of mine refused to buy a 1 day fishing license in TN for a couple of bucks and no sooner than he wet his line here comes the game warden. ended up paying a 100 dollar fine trying to beat the system for 2 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Fuck him. Forging something is no different than any other asshole that tries to cheat the system.
    +1,I feel the same,rep sent !

(Bucks County)

Its free if you have a hunting license which are indeed what the SGL ranges were designed for hunters to be able to spot in their scopes hence the silly rules of 3 rounds, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Pittman-Robertson funds constitute less than 20% of the PGC's annual budget, the majority of it is from hunting license sales. Hunters have paid for the vast majority of the cost of the ranges and the land they are on through licenses and Pittman-Robertson taxes. The PGC range near me was closed years ago, the local sportsmans club charges $125 initiation for the first year and $75/year membership after that. They also have competition shoots and close the range sometimes, I'd love to have a range to shoot at any time for $30.
    20% is not an insignificant number.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

In my opinion, $30 is a deal, especially compared with what I would have to pay otherwise. The 6/3 round rule may be frustrating, but it's still worth the price for me.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Schuylkill County)

I agree with most of you, if you don't want to pay the money, don't use the range. A guy at work just got hit for trying to use the range with no license/permit as he was bitching and working everybody into a lather I told him this wasn't new and asked if he had heard about it and he said "yeah, and we read the poster on the board as we walked in" So I said what's the issue? you knew you were breaking the law and you got caught... pay your fine and shut the hell up. With that the water cooler got real quiet and everybody kind of went their own way.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Pittman-Robertson funds constitute less than 20% of the PGC's annual budget, the majority of it is from hunting license sales. Hunters have paid for the vast majority of the cost of the ranges and the land they are on through licenses and Pittman-Robertson taxes. The PGC range near me was closed years ago, the local sportsmans club charges $125 initiation for the first year and $75/year membership after that. They also have competition shoots and close the range sometimes, I'd love to have a range to shoot at any time for $30.
    Great, let's abolish the excise tax so that every time I buy ammo I'm not paying for ranges I'm not allowed to use without paying even more.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(York County)

I don't know why anyone would pay 30.00 to use a public range where you have a game warden looking for a reason to fine you, I only pay 50.00 a year for my private range that has for seperate outdoor ranges,an indoor range and 140 acres that we can hunt and they also stock pheasant. The last time I used a sgl to shoot was over ten years ago and I left with 157.50 fine, it was dismissed in court but I still had to take a day off work to fight the charge so it cost me just as much to fight it.

Back on topic: I would think that everyone knows that forging something will lead to much worse penalty if caught. He knew he needed to have a permit ad decided to make a fake one instead, I think the fine is too high but he knew he was breaking the law

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Its free if you have a hunting license which are indeed what the SGL ranges were designed for hunters to be able to spot in their scopes hence the silly rules of 3 rounds, etc...
    I think its more of a feel good safety measure for them, as a number of private clubs also have this silly 3 bullet rule.
    IANAL

(Erie County)

my local gun club is 15$ a year... 35$ for family...use the outdoor range a decent amount...have to call to schedule indoor (up to 9mm only)
    live to ride

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast