Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 196 of 300 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2998
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Castle Doctrine HB 40 in 09 does anyone REALLY want this passed? If so please re

I don't trust Evans, and I'm worried about Perry getting played into a sucker's game like he seems to have with the amendment that was supposed to silence the DA's.

That "deal" watered down HB40 needlessly, when it already was up for a vote, and could have passed through the Judiciary committee anyway.

That's just my observation anyway. I really don't like the politics at play here.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Castle Doctrine HB 40 in 09 does anyone REALLY want this passed? If so please re

I've always believed that any bill should navigate the legislative process individually and without ammendments unless the ammendment is directly relevent to the language in the origional bill. Unfortunately if that were so, there would be many good bils that probably wouldn't get passed. As a result we see all this bipartisan back scratching going on and we sometimes have to take the bad with the good. Let's hope we can pull the good out of this. I've gotten commitmentsfrom a few friends who are willing to put feet on the ground in Harrisburg if and when it happens (hopefully it's WHEN and not IF). I'm waiting for the word and will be trying to gather more VOTERS till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith40 View Post
    I've always believed that any bill should navigate the legislative process individually and without ammendments unless the ammendment is directly relevent to the language in the origional bill. Unfortunately if that were so, there would be many good bils that probably wouldn't get passed. As a result we see all this bipartisan back scratching going on and we sometimes have to take the bad with the good. Let's hope we can pull the good out of this. I've gotten commitmentsfrom a few friends who are willing to put feet on the ground in Harrisburg if and when it happens (hopefully it's WHEN and not IF). I'm waiting for the word and will be trying to gather more VOTERS till then.
    w/o amendments = no pork = no bill would be passed.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    w/o amendments = no pork = no bill would be passed.
    The kind of pork I like comes with eggs and home fries. Their pork usually is a waste of taxpayer $ for some useless crap that otherwise would get nowhere. If this Castle Doctrine legislation is to be thought of as "pork" by our Reps then let's hope they put it in a sandwich with some very popular "bread" so it'll be hard to not pass or worse... veto.

(Chester County)

keep in mind the reason perry decided not to bitch slap evans with the DP was because he got the same result that the DP would have gotten - release from committee - AND he got a guaranteed floor vote next week. it was a smart move, and if evans tries to back out after everyone and their mother heard the agreement, he will get crucified

Bitch-slapping him with the DP would've gotten the same results - sooner. And Evans fully deserves it.

(Montgomery County)

I'm glad HB40 will allegedly get released from appropriations and scheduled for floor a vote, but I'm with the people that don't trust Evans/Eachus. Those bastards will still try to find a way to screw the people.

Keep calling and e-mailing your reps! The battle isn't over yet.

And get on the list to go to the capitol!

(Montgomery County)

The petition is up. SO far 29 signatures since it was put it up lastnight...

I need e-mail addresses of all Reps. Someone posted a list of them earlier on in the thread and I'll be damned if I can find it... The plan is Monday Morning to e-mail the signed petition to all the PA House Reps in support and against...

SO if someone can point out the e-mail addresses and phone numbers again it would be a great help!

Thanks!
    SUPPORT THE 2nd AMENDMENT - IMPEACH ALL TRAITORS TO THE CONSTITUTION!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon_111 View Post
    The petition is up. SO far 29 signatures since it was put it up lastnight...

I need e-mail addresses of all Reps. Someone posted a list of them earlier on in the thread and I'll be damned if I can find it... The plan is Monday Morning to e-mail the signed petition to all the PA House Reps in support and against...

SO if someone can point out the e-mail addresses and phone numbers again it would be a great help!

Thanks!
    I appreciate the fact that you are trying to do something, but of all the things you can do, an internet petition is probably the least useful. They are too easy to fake and aren't taken seriously by anyone. Can you point to a single instance where an internet petition has been useful?

Spend your time calling members of the House and making sure they support HB40 and will vote YES when it hits the floor. Start making arrangements to GO TO HARRISBURG when the time comes.

My father always told me "Do what needs to be done, not what is easy to do". I think that applies to this situation. All of us need to step up and do the hard stuff, right now.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by P7hk9 View Post
    I appreciate the fact that you are trying to do something, but of all the things you can do, an internet petition is probably the least useful. They are too easy to fake and aren't taken seriously by anyone. Can you point to a single instance where an internet petition has been useful?

Spend your time calling members of the House and making sure they support HB40 and will vote YES when it hits the floor. Start making arrangements to GO TO HARRISBURG when the time comes.

My father always told me "Do what needs to be done, not what is easy to do". I think that applies to this situation. All of us need to step up and do the hard stuff, right now.
    When your back is against a wall and there's nowhere left to turn ANYTHING you can do is a bonus.

At least it is an idea, and people are showing support of the greater whole rather than just bitch and moan about it in a forum and possibly send an e-mail or make a phone call...

If we limit ourselves and choose to ignore a few avenues because they are looked at as the "least useful..." It does not mean that efforts taken in those ways go completely unnoticed.

At this point we cannot and must not leave any stone unturned. The more ammunition we have for this situation the better off we are, especially because of the short amount of time we have.

It is better to show support on a united front than a disorganized one. But above all it is necessary to show support!

And I have had several instances where an internet petition has gone noticed. Granted I have not signed one while I have been in the state of Pennsylvania till now.

In closing, why settle for a flanking maneuver in politics when you can try for an air strike?
    Last edited by Gideon_111; September 29th, 2010 at 07:45 AM.
    SUPPORT THE 2nd AMENDMENT - IMPEACH ALL TRAITORS TO THE CONSTITUTION!

Page 196 of 300 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast