Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Point & Shoot

Default Re: Point & Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by PA Traveler View Post
    In a concealed carry course I completed this summer it was taught as a possible response to being attacked at arms length. It was drilled at anywhere from 3-6 feet and discussed as instinctive shooting, similar to throwing a ball.

If there's time even for a flash sight picture, I'd think that's the way to go.

This topic is old but I enjoy learning things that I may never use, I also enjoy shooting & anything that makes it more fun. I actually started PS as a kid..you know after watching Bonanza...LOL It's very enjoyable & I have an advantage of the range all to myself on Sat & Sunday so I endanger No One but myself & really not even me I don't touch my trigger untill the pistol or revolver is lined up straight with my target. I have been PS off & on my whole life well since I was about 10 I think. I also have been shooting a minimum of 100 - 200 rounds a week since a kid (raised in the country in the boonies) most of my life. For the past 20 year's (minus about a year of burnout) I have been shooting about 500 rd's. a weekend pistol & rifle combined. Would I ever risk PS to defend my life? ONLY If I had no other choice if I were to see my would be killer & his draw by suprise was a fraction ahead of mind & I think anyone with half of a brain (who practice's) would know if there was NO time extra to use the sight's. In this scenario it would fall into the Go For The Gusto catagory! But only if I felt there was no other choice. So why not practice PS if you enjoy it? It does not matter if you ever use it, it would not be the first useless talent I have...LOL Simply Enjoy one's self, it seem's a lot of poster's seem to over dramatize many post. As of shooting I come to this forum for enjoyment of my love for firearm's & I strive to bring my sense of humor with me each day to this forum. But we all know some just come here for conflict...life's a bitch but I try to enjoy it

PS: Some say PS it's a waste of time, I say anything legal that make's one happy.. is never a waste of time
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Allegheny County)

Bill Jordan used to point shoot asprins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Bill Jordan used to point shoot asprins.
    I watched a video a couple weeks back on the net of him doing just that. That's a dam little target & was done before most of us was born..LOL
    Thell reed would be my favorite if you like the history of firearm's & some of the greatest shooter's? Search his name he had a unique life & one any young boy & old would love to have. Thell grew up & shot & competed with the best the world had to offer & they were responsible for just about everything including the competetion's we have today. GREAT READING!!! THE PIONEER'S AND THE ART OF FIREARM'S AS WE USE THEM TODAY! THE ORIGINAL GRAND MASTER'S.

Us old people probably have heard of Thell but I'm sure the younger men here would find some great reading & history that will fasinate them.

Thell was doing most of what Bob Munden does many a year before him. Thell won so many tournament's in his day the official's asked him to retire as a Original Grand Master..No one could beat him not even close, he agreed & went on to work as an armourer on some of the best movies you have ever seen & with the biggest star's of our time..Bruce Willis, Brad Pit, Russel Crow, Kurt Russell..& on & on & on.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0715715/bio
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thell_Reed
    http://www.thellreed.com/

These men are the original legend's that started everything we enjoy today
    This past February brought news the handgun world had lost another of its greats. Ray Chapman had died peacefully at 79, in a Texas hospital with the love of his life, Beverly McCord, at his side.

Chapman was one of the original Combat Masters to whom Jeff Cooper dedicated his classic Cooper on Handguns. In 1975, he won the title of World Combat Pistol Champion in Zurich, Switzerland, and the following year hosted the Columbia Conference where IPSC was born at his new Chapman Academy range in Hallsville, Missouri.

The Academy opened within a year of Cooper's …
    http://chapmanacademy.com/thanks/
    These men & their history is the best reading of the sport & how it came to be, you'll ever read.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; April 6th, 2010 at 02:49 AM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Allegheny County)

Notice that they all have their fingers on their triggers. None of this wussy "straight finger" stuff for them.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819