Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 161 of 222 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Most people go about their lives unaware. It's a wonder they even noticed you has a shirt on let alone a gun.
    I saw two OC'ers and my wife pointed them out to me both times!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    A barn sale in Chadds Ford. Must be the F450.

My own open carry these days is a High Standard Riot 20 K1200, no one bats an eye...a or at least wait till they clear away from my hearing.
    The coyotes have become very active now the weather has warmed up so the 12 gauge seems the better choice. But in town, if it's open it's just a good old 9 and no one seems to notice or care.
    My Song dog gun is a Savage BVSS in .243. ( SPLAT)
    USNRET '61-'81

(Delaware County)

Yesterday, I carried a loaded firearm into an elementary school.

My voting location is in the local primary school, and after discussing the various variables with my fiance, we decided that yesterday was a perfect opportunity to test the "other lawful purpose" exemption of the prohibition of carrying a weapon in a school. However, no drama whatsoever unfolded. The voting staff all noticed that I was OCing a Glock, but no one so much as hesitated let alone raised a fuss about it. We both noticed them looking, but that was all - and the staff member wearing a shield around his neck, probably a sheriff, kept his eye on me, but didn't act any differently otherwise. Other voters came in and may or may not have noticed, but all in all, it was uneventful.

The "other lawful purpose" remains largely untested, with that one high school football game being the only exception that comes to mind.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ViperGTS19801 again."

(Berks County)

Good for you. I'd love to see that other lawful purpose more defined (as long as it went in our favor).
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ViperGTS19801 again."
    Same here.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    We both noticed them looking, but that was all - and the staff member wearing a shield around his neck, probably a sheriff, kept his eye on me, but didn't act any differently otherwise. Other voters came in and may or may not have noticed, but all in all, it was uneventful.
    ITYM constable not sheriff.

And while I'm sure you are much more likely to be able to hire competent legal counsel than McKown, the judges in this state make me nervous. Glad all went well.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    ITYM constable not sheriff.

And while I'm sure you are much more likely to be able to hire competent legal counsel than McKown, the judges in this state make me nervous. Glad all went well.
    Agreed, almost certainly a constable. Constables are charged by statute with maintaining the peace at polling places, although some don't.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Yesterday, I carried a loaded firearm into an elementary school.

My voting location is in the local primary school, and after discussing the various variables with my fiance, we decided that yesterday was a perfect opportunity to test the "other lawful purpose" exemption of the prohibition of carrying a weapon in a school. However, no drama whatsoever unfolded. The voting staff all noticed that I was OCing a Glock, but no one so much as hesitated let alone raised a fuss about it. We both noticed them looking, but that was all - and the staff member wearing a shield around his neck, probably a sheriff, kept his eye on me, but didn't act any differently otherwise. Other voters came in and may or may not have noticed, but all in all, it was uneventful.

The "other lawful purpose" remains largely untested, with that one high school football game being the only exception that comes to mind.
    Dude, don't your knees get banged up with all that brass swinging around between your legs?

Kudos!

(Bucks County)

I repped but fat fingered my comment. Well done, Mark.

Page 161 of 222 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast