Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

So far I have found it to be one of the better gun shops in PA. It's modern and up to date with modern equipment and guns. I thought their pricing was good and didn't see any gouging going on, far from it.

(Lancaster County)

Trop dropped it trqnsfer price to 15.99 which is great but know this if you want you gun fast spend the extra and go to Lanco. My nephew bought a gun and had it delivered to Trop. It was signed for Friday around 11am and he was told they should have it to him some time next week. I have used Lanco on several occasions for online purchases and was always able to get my gun a few hours after it was delivered. Also they got rid of the take a number and now you put your name, my nephew did a transfer today and he was there for 2.5 hours
    I only buy from Trop on rare occasion but my nephew still does a fair amount of business there, I k now he gets irritated about things like waiting 2.5 hours to do a transfer, but he likes alot of the employees.
    At the range today we were talking and alot of the older guys have decided they wont spend another cent at Trop. Alot of it stems from the 22 ammo problem. They have spent thousands and thousands of dollars there going back to when Trop was a shop and barbeque pit of somsort. They dont have 22 in the store but they always have plenty online at high prices. As far as they say they charge the same as others online thats horse crap. It sells out fast but I have got bricks from several different web sites for half of Trops Price. Like mini mags for 20 dollars a sleeve. People all have there own opinions and this will go back and forth. One more thing, someone said Trop had m11a1s for 100 dollars cheaper than they have ever seen, around 6 months ago we picked up 2 dessert m11a1s from cheaper than dirt for around 650 each with 3 mags and free shipping. I didnt want 2 but for that price I couldnt say no.

When my AR15 came into TROP they called me the same day and I was there an hour later picking it up.

As for the 2.5 hour wait, that's long. When your busy your busy though. If that's taking up your entire staff then that's it. Wait your turn, you will be called.

I waited over an hour to purchase my G30s from them. Yeah I wasn't happy about waiting, but in the long run I got what I wanted, paid a fair price and walked out a happy customer. Most of the wait time was due to PICS checks taking forever. Mine went through in under 10 minutes. Another customers was taking over an hour to complete.

(Lancaster County)

sdeen,

If you could be so kind as to PM your nephew's contact information or please forward him my e-mail, pgroff@tropgun.com. If he did indeed have to wait for 2.5 hours to complete his transfer then we did something very wrong and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with him any way we could enhance his experience. If he chose to hang out with us and spent a total of 2.5 hours in the shop then please extend our deepest thanks to him, he obviously gets the atmosphere and lifestyle we are trying to promote.

Thank you also for reminding everyone that we are doing all transfers for $15.99 which is the best price we have ever heard of, ANYWHERE.

We have clearly lost you as a customer as virtually every post you have ever put on this board, with the exception of your buy/sell activity, is a slam against us and a plea for everyone to visit our competition. In fact, when I looked at your posts they all center around how horrible we are, usually in a third party story about your cousin, nephew, friend, etc. I know full well I am clearly breaking internet rule number one.... Never feed the trolls.... but I am a glutton for punishment.

Please feel free to contact me if you ever would like to discuss all of the issues you have with our business, we value everyone's feedback. If you will assist me in understanding our shortcomings, I would be happy to give you an hour on our range as a way of saying thanks.

To all the other posters in this thread, thank you so much. We are where we are today because of one reason, and one reason only..... YOU the customers!!!!!

Regards,
    Phill Groff
    Director of Corporate Development
    Trop Gun Shop
    Last edited by TropGun.com; September 21st, 2014 at 10:31 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Mr Groff, could you explain the .22 pricing? In store we can only purchase 150 round, if in stock. However, online you have bricks of Remington Thunderbolt for $56.99, Mini mags at $19.95 per hundred, etc. It doesn't feel real real good to the locals, who have supported Trop since 1961, to not be able to purchase .22 while you offer it online at exorbitant prices. I understand the free market but is this really the image you want to portray?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    Mr Groff, could you explain the .22 pricing? In store we can only purchase 150 round, if in stock. However, online you have bricks of Remington Thunderbolt for $56.99, Mini mags at $19.95 per hundred, etc. It doesn't feel real real good to the locals, who have supported Trop since 1961, to not be able to purchase .22 while you offer it online at exorbitant prices. I understand the free market but is this really the image you want to portray?
    You know, he has a point. Richland Shooters doesn't gouge for one. I don't like it one bit. Here comes the "allocated for retail and allocated for internet sales" excuse. I think it is piss poor.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    Not going to speak for Mr. Groff, but my guess is that those are two completely different markets. I would be surprised if online orders even ship from Trop directly.

There were times when they had bricks on .22 in stock, and in-store prices were normal ($25-$35, depending on the brand they happened to have in stock.)

I would guess that "online" stuff ships directly from one of their suppliers, and the last time I checked, their online prices were among the best prices you can find online. Now, I haven't checked lately, but as of two months ago, this was true.

As far as wait times go, I have to say that while I have never bought a firearm from them, my girlfriend has bought two, and the transaction was completed in less than 15 minutes.

Before anyone even goes there, I am in no way associated with Trop, and I am a huge Lanco fan (80%+ of my purchases come from Lanco), so I am definitely not some sort of a Trop fanboy. I did, however, have to point out that some of the criticism of Trop on this page is unfair, at best. When nobody had ammo and those who did raised their prices, Trop had some stock at very reasonable prices. I will always remember that, and I go out of my way to buy some ammo from Trop every once in a while as a "thank you" for being fair during the last ammo shortage.

What really bothers me is that unfair criticism is just so counter-productive. Folks from Trop obviously care enough to read this thread and even respond, and all we can do as a community is complain about the fact that there are two separate markets out there (online and in-store)? The only thing that will accomplish is make us all a boy who cried wolf, ensuring that even fair criticism isn't really heard in the future.

Sorry for the long rant.

(York County)

haters gotta hate

I have never had a bad experience at Trop yet. I am occasionally disappointed by items not in stock but that's life and business.

and internet sales vers retail sales are two different business models back to haters gotta hate!

If you don't the way they do it you have every right to hate and to open your own store and show us a better way!

I think one of my next visits will be for a new safe of which trop has a nice selection.

(Berks County)

They have some good sale prices on safes right now. I love Trop. I think their in-store prices and selection can't be beat. I've always been treated well there.
    I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination.--HST

(York County)

I like the new store. Prices seem reasonable and staff is friendly.

III% - Stand and be counted

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast