Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show - Eagle Arms

One hall, too packed, parking was a pain.

Some pushing and shoving. Hard to see what was on the tables.

I was looking for a Rem 700 .223 varmint, prices definitely up since the last show. Prices on Mosin Nagants jacked up.

Definitely a disappointment this time.

Should have gone to Allentown.

Sticker price on the SR1911 was $700.

(Berks County)

As stated above,,, Too full, too small a place and no to real deals to be had.

i didnt see any. There was a table with Galil's in .308 and .223 that was put together from Ohio rapid fire and the dealer was trying to to pass them as an original IMI Galil for $3,850
    When i told him that the receiver was US made and was put together by ORF he looked confused,

In another table(when you get inside the hall at your left) the dealer is trying to sell a Yugo Mauser M48 as a WWII vet bring back for $500

I think this weekend show reminds me the Philly Armory show. Its a shame cause the last Oaks show was great

Quote Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
    I'll be wandering the show looking for a Mini Draco pistol, and probably not finding one. lol. I'd love to hear if anyone has a lead on where I can find one locally, maybe even from a shop/vendor that will be at this show.

Quote Originally Posted by codename View Post
    Got there around 9 and was out by 11. There was a decent deal on a like new CW9 that is on my long-list, but a rifle was really what I was after. I didn't see a Remington 700 SPS tatical or a Savage Mark II BRJ (which is really what I wanted).

I think I was spoiled by the two hall show. This show was cramped and I don't think it was just the number of people, the isles were narrower as well.

There also appeared to be more thug type people at this show. They were easy to spot by their demeanor as well as the conversations they were carrying on with their buddies. My wife also told me after we left that she had her ass grabbed a few times. She wasn't able to tell exactly who did it when she turned around, and didn't want to tell me without being able to finger the person. I would have at least had her stay in front of me if I knew this was happening.

Overall it was a decent show, but I don't think I would return to a single hall show unless there was something I absolutely wanted.
    Please apologize to your wife for me....I could'nt resist!!
    Just kidding. That's crazy.

I just got home and I have to say, even with the first three aisles being too congested, I had a good day. Bought a slightly used Sig SP2022 in 9mm for $220. It's in teriffic condition. I also purchased a CX4 Storm in 9mm for $550. Looks like it was never fired, with hard case, 4 beretta mags, cleaning kit, and all accessories.

I was looking at the one and only Ruger 1911, but I just could'nt pay the price. I know that they are hard to find right now, but the dealor even told me to hold on and they will be selling out of his shop for $600+ soon enough.

Good show.
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; February 11th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Went there around noon-very long line but it moved surprisingly quickly. Inside was packed like a sardine can.

My shopping list included: 500/1000 case of 5.59 M193, .50 cal ammo can, armorer's mat, pmags/GI mags, KB12 Copper Cleaner (I figured I wouldn't find this, but it was on the list), and anyting else that looked like a good deal (not looking for a gun purchase). Got the ammo can, stripper clips, bolt gas rings, and a 3 for $5 cleaning tools. I gave up asking about the armorer's mat. I can get ammo online cheaper, no real deals on other accessories (at least in my eyes) to be seen.

Magpul products, tac lights and everything else I was interested in were pretty much MSRP.

I don't see myself going back.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Spamchicken View Post
    Sticker price on the SR1911 was $700.
    Spammy,

Where did you buy it? right side, and 1/3 way down the room? In a case with three new S&W 1911s? He quoted me $750 out the door for the Ruger SR1911 or the Bobtail S&W 1911.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by petros600 View Post
    few good deals, prices seem to level. I picked up couple Mosin Nagant ex-snipers for $125 from Eagle Arms booth.
    I got there around 8:40am and it had 30-40 people line already.
    When i was leaving the local PD was arresting a thug, dont know why but i saw an undercover cop walking away with a pistol box.
    I saw part of this, too - Kinda curious what went down. Anyone have details, or do we have to wait for the police blotter?

Got there around 9 and was out by 11. There was a decent deal on a like new CW9 that is on my long-list, but a rifle was really what I was after. I didn't see a Remington 700 SPS tatical or a Savage Mark II BRJ (which is really what I wanted).

I think I was spoiled by the two hall show. This show was cramped and I don't think it was just the number of people, the isles were narrower as well.
    I concur. It felt a lot like Valley Forge used to, except the aisles were a LITTLE wider, and overall the crowd was more polite. I know I bumped into a few people, and had a few people bump into me.

Parking sucked, and I had to walk halfway around the building (I didn't realize they HAD shuttles, and it was faster to walk anyway).

The May show is being advertised at 1000 tables, so I'm assuming it'll be back to the way the December show was. That was a MUCH better designed show. I'm not going to write this show off just yet, but it's too big for the space it was in this weekend, and if they keep doing that, it'll drive some folks away.

There also appeared to be more thug type people at this show. They were easy to spot by their demeanor as well as the conversations they were carrying on with their buddies. My wife also told me after we left that she had her ass grabbed a few times. She wasn't able to tell exactly who did it when she turned around, and didn't want to tell me without being able to finger the person. I would have at least had her stay in front of me if I knew this was happening.
    I did notice a little more of the "thug type" today than I've seen before - including a guy trying to be sneaky and videotape his "buddy" holding an AK - It wasn't any worse than Valley Forge was.

(Chester County)

Just to clarify my wife did say that if I was standing behind her any groping would have been acceptable!

I did see one Draco pistol that was listed for $525. It looked like it had some wear on it, and considering a new one can be found online for around $450 it wasn't a real deal (IMO).

(Montgomery County)

Picked up 3 boxes of Federal 12 ga slugs for 4 bucks each and 2 50(!) round boxes of Finocci 223/556 for 17 bucks each.

Got some damn good beef/venison jerky. I can't wait to start making my own deer jerky! Save some good money on lunch/work snacks!

Was tempted to get some $12.95 PPU for 30-30 win, but I'm going to stick with Federal or Leverevolution since I'll hunt with it. 30-30 win was kind of scarce and I didn't see any Leverevolution. This is from the place that hawks the anti radiation pills.

Had a nice time there with my dad and Acidresgambit. Also saw some nice C&R revolvers that I might get once the BATFE mails me back my C&R (noticed the charge recently on my card so I guess they got the forms with no issue) Saw some nice flintlocks too in the $200-300 price range which is good for me.

Bit crowded but it makes sence with the split with the Golf show. Did see more minorities than last time there which is good because more Americans owning and across more demographics is good for for everyone.

Saw these two Pauly D look a likes who where crapping on the Federal I just bought but then spent most of time looking at Airsoft and looking like dbags. Regarding "thugs", I didnt see anyone really fitting bad behavior types, and most people where pretty polite.

I could live without the book guy selling the Turner Diaries, but that's about it. I sadly didn't see the $200 dollar bronze sheet engraved with a picture of Hitler doing the sign with Seig Heil from 1936 that was there before. Alas the best 22 plinking target of all time remains out of my hands...not that I would pay $200 for it lol.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast