Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: My wife is annoyed that I dont drink when I carry...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Maybe the only way she gets any is if he's drunk.
    Perhaps... and if so, he needs to deal with that and stop pretending it's her problem re: drinking.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mingomom View Post
    Perhaps... and if so, he needs to deal with that and stop pretending it's her problem re: drinking.
    As a man/boy/pig, I have to say that the idea of men needing to drink to give a damn about sex is a fantasy invented by women. For all women reading this: don't act like a dead fish and we will want to have sex with you more. Sober or drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by indiandave View Post
    I'm just glad to live in a state that trusts it's citizens to have a drink with dinner and not shoot up the place.
    Saying that, I don't have more than a couple of drinks. God forbid I had to defend myself with my gun. If I was drunk, the lawyers would have a field day with that information.
    What shooting? Lawyers? What? No idea what you're talking about, I was at home playing dungeons and dragons. Just ask fakegirl09. Yeah, that guy on the tape looks a lot like me. I wonder who he is, maybe we're related.
    Last edited by topsykretts; August 5th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    I was going to say something similar, but Dan said it better.

Edited to add: It is early and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee. Sorry for contributing to an old thread.
    Sorry everybody... I think I am the one who sparked this thread into action... Noticed the date later... But for the record. Nice words.. Respect the hubby and his decision.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mingomom View Post
    Too funny ,you guys... I was actually thinking she was the one with the problem and needed the drink.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    As a man/boy/pig, I have to say that the idea of men needing to drink to give a damn about sex is a fantasy invented by women. For all women reading this: don't act like a dead fish and we will want to have sex with you more. Sober or drunk.

What shooting? Lawyers? What? No idea what you're talking about, I was at home playing dungeons and dragons. Just ask fakegirl09. Yeah, that guy on the tape looks a lot like me. I wonder who he is, maybe we're related.
    Ewwww... Dead fish? Sorry if that's the situation for some... Don't know why a woman would not have fun in the sack? No alcohol needed !

Quote Originally Posted by Firearm fem View Post
    Sorry everybody... I think I am the one who sparked this thread into action... Noticed the date later... But for the record. Nice words.. Respect the hubby and his decision.
    Obviously, I missed the date as well. I could blame it on the contacs, but I just started wearing them tonight. Ooops.

(York County)

below is my favorite post about drinking, and carrying-

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Like I said whatever you decide is right for you.

I will carry at all time that it is legal to do so. I see "better to be judged by 12 than carried by six" at least once a day on this forum. I don't understand why it changes when someone drinks. If you don't trust yourself when you drink I would suggest you don't drink. You can get into a ton of trouble without a gun. These are just my opinions and they are only important to me and mine.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I must agree with TonyF here.

I will carry and have a beer or glass of wine or two with dinner and I don't have a problem with that.

On the (increasingly rare) occasion that I'll be partying or just drinking at the bar with some buds...

I forfeit my 2nd Amendment rights.

I really dont understand why other people change so much when they drink but if I have a few or more, my personality does not change. I am still the same person.

If I do end up having a few I would still carry, I see no difference, I do however see it as a personal decision that one would have to make the choice for themselves as to whether they feel they could still control themselves and act responsibly.

I would not be able to live with myself if I decided to have a few and something happened when I could have had the option to protect myself or others.

I know it could still turn bad like gerald ung's situation, but its a decision everyone must make on their own.

--------

i also just noticed date, but I am leaving my post anyway
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Cumberland County)

I have no problem having a drink or two with dinner. My problem is drinking excessively while carrying in public. It annoys my friends. I just don't care. I like taking the responsibility of driving my friends car home if needed (which I do very often), and simply just being responsible overall.

I'm not worried about myself not being able to make the correct judgement in the use of my firearm, even heavily intoxicated. I don't turn into a short tempered, crazy drunk. I'm not worried about me. What I'm concerned about is, even though there is no law against it, if I were to need to use my firearm while intoxicated, I'm willing to bet they would be more than willing to use it against you in court, despite how clean cut the shooting is.

Not only that, if you're even slightly intoxicated, your physical control over the firearm will be dramatically reduced. You could drop it, fumble around with it when drawing, accuracy could suffer, or worse, have it taken from you. Your limbs get sloppy when you're drunk. Your limbs control the firearm.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post
    you better watch yourself with those comments, not all women are that evil
    Citation please!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast