Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: SGL 43 RANGE CLOSED

Well, personally I think the place is better off without the 25 yard targets. When I used to go there it seemed every gangbanger wannabe who owned a pistol would always congregate at the 25 yard ranges, and they usually would be firing from well behind the firing line, which made for a real fun experience for the person who happened to be sitting at one of the end tables. More often than not the 25 yard targets were always the ones that were blown apart, missing uprights, etc.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Well, personally I think the place is better off without the 25 yard targets. When I used to go there it seemed every gangbanger wannabe who owned a pistol would always congregate at the 25 yard ranges, and they usually would be firing from well behind the firing line, which made for a real fun experience for the person who happened to be sitting at one of the end tables. More often than not the 25 yard targets were always the ones that were blown apart, missing uprights, etc.
    yep. I remember watching the 25 yard posts falling down numerous times.

anyway, I can't wait to go shooting again, it's been a while. I need to buy some ammo now

(Delaware County)

I had a warden say that to me while there once as well. I said to him, "what's the difference if some wingnut with an AR15 shoots the crap out of the target supports, or some dimwit with a Remington 700BDL? A guy with a deer rifle can destroy the place too"....He just looked at me like "guy with deer rifles don't do that" and walked away. Well, I got news for ya, they can and do. I saw a guy there once hang a target onto the target support then proceed to blow the 4x4 to smithereens with his 700BDL. What are you gonna say to a moron like that without them turning the gun on you?
    You say "Hey man, you're shooting up the target supports. There's no need to fork the place up for everybody else. Stop it and hang your target where you're supposed to."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    You say "Hey man, you're shooting up the target supports. There's no need to fork the place up for everybody else. Stop it and hang your target where you're supposed to."
    Yes, ok, and then when the man turns and flatly tells you to go "F" yourself? You're going to continue to reprimand him? If you want to set yourself up for this, go right ahead. Being told to go and "F" myself once by some idiot taught me to keep my mouth shut whether its the right thing to do or not....Sorry, I'm no martyr.....

(Delaware County)

Yes, ok, and then when the man turns and flatly tells you to go "F" yourself? You're going to continue to reprimand him? If you want to set yourself up for this, go right ahead. Being told to go and "F" myself once by some idiot taught me to keep my mouth shut whether its the right thing to do or not....Sorry, I'm no martyr.....
    Gee, I had no idea that once upon a time an idiot told you to go fork yourself. I apologize. Now I can see why you'd just sit quietly while a guy screws up the range.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Gee, I had no idea that once upon a time an idiot told you to go fork yourself. I apologize. Now I can see why you'd just sit quietly while a guy screws up the range.

Yes, thats right. I WOULD sit quietly, as I said, even if not the right thing to do. First off; 1. why should I be spoken to that way by anyone, especially when its none of my business in the first place ? 2. What real right do I have to tell this clod what to do, even though he's in the wrong? 3. Its not my responsibility to police the place. 4. Would you back me up if we all were there witnissing this? I doubt it! You'd rather someone else take charge just like everyone else. Well, as I said, if you feel the need to take the law into your hands, then be my guest. And when numbnuts tells you to "F" off, or worse, gets in your face, then what? You gonna play Billy Badass and thump the guy? I don't think so!
    Last edited by Poonie; September 14th, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

(Delaware County)

Never mind...
    Last edited by imashooter2; September 14th, 2008 at 06:37 PM.

(Chester County)

Hey guys just went to the range today, and it looks nice. I don't like the fact that there is no more 25 yard target but its free so can't complain to much. When I was there I talked to a man from the game commission and asked him about the shotgun range and when it would be open. He said never. Now that really pisses me off. Someone please tell me this guy was wrong, let me know if anyone has heard differently.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bcschrei View Post
    Hey guys just went to the range today, and it looks nice. I don't like the fact that there is no more 25 yard target but its free so can't complain to much. When I was there I talked to a man from the game commission and asked him about the shotgun range and when it would be open. He said never. Now that really pisses me off. Someone please tell me this guy was wrong, let me know if anyone has heard differently.
    wow, i hope that guy was just blowing smoke up your ass. that would really suck if the shotgun range just went away.

(Berks County)

I think it they closed it down for good. Last i heard they were not very happy because no one would ever clean up there. Which doesn't surprise me most people never clean up around that range.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast