Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1765
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Castle Doctrine 2011-12 session Activist effort – Please Help

I agree, but it can't hurt to multitask. Those who are in HBG and putting pressure on our elected servants should certainly keep their eyes on the legislature; but those of us burning off a lunch break at the daily grind should be able to compose faxes to both the PA legislature and the NRA-ILA's offices taking care of both problems simultaneously.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Well I can confirm in public what has been shared in private.

Tonight at a Tea Party meeting in Reynoldsville, PA in front of a group of about 30 people Senator Scarnati stated that he is aware that the NRA liaison has been working with Senator Leech on a compromise for the Florida Loophole and HB40.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. The NRA is playing games with your rights.

That is what is going on. Senator Scarnati was also a bit angry that Greenleaf's staff has been blaming him and the other members of leadership for holding up HB40 in committee. When we asked if he would commit to action on this he said in front of the group that he would write a letter and follow up with a phone call to get to the bottom of this.

He brought up the fact that the Senate had introduced SB273 and inserted a comment about how the representative was trying to get credit for HB40 even though there was a bill already passed by the Senate.

I kindly informed him that HB40 represents 7 years of blood, sweat, and tears by not just representatives but many grass roots organizations across the state and that SB273 represents the NRA and their interests in the Senate. He said to us that he had no idea that is what was going on.

He left the meeting and took myself and Lee Mitchell's information and reasserted his promise to talk to Greenleaf.
    Once again, nice work Tim. However, I would ask that you very closely follow up on this. Greenleaf and Scarnati both are in senior positions within the Senate and their party; while he might not have known the extent of Hohenwarter's collusion with Greenleaf on HB40/SB273, I find it difficult to believe he knew nothing, as he claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Any corrections and suggestions need to be made soon, I'm not going to sit on this for very long.
    Nice work. First paragraph, spelling error:

...of what the proposed Florida Loophole legsilation would do...
    should be legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by t1m0thy View Post
    Gentlemen,

Our focus here should not be on the NRA at this point. We should focus on Scarnati and Pileggi and let them know that we know what the NRA is up to.

Also, ask them what they are going to do about Greenleaf's office throwing them under the bus and blaming them for HB40 being held up in committee.

Dominic Pileggi (R)
    Phone: (717) 787-4712
    Email: dpileggi@pasen.gov

Joseph B. Scarnati III (R)
    Phone: (717) 787-7084
    Email: jscarnati@pasen.gov
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Let's get the bill passed, then we can worry about Hohenwarter.

Quote Originally Posted by tmountjr View Post
    I agree, but it can't hurt to multitask. Those who are in HBG and putting pressure on our elected servants should certainly keep their eyes on the legislature; but those of us burning off a lunch break at the daily grind should be able to compose faxes to both the PA legislature and the NRA-ILA's offices taking care of both problems simultaneously.
    It can hurt to multitask, as it diverts resources away from one effort to another. IMHO, the focus must be on putting pressure on the legislators to move HB40. The NRA is not beholden to us, and don't have to listen to anything we say. The legislators, however, are a different story.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    It can hurt to multitask, as it diverts resources away from one effort to another. IMHO, the focus must be on putting pressure on the legislators to move HB40. The NRA is not beholden to us, and don't have to listen to anything we say. The legislators, however, are a different story.
    All I'm saying is, if I take my lunch break and write a fax to the senators in question, then call their offices...then what? I can spend the rest of my lunch break playing Minesweeper, or I can take another few minutes to compose an email to the ILA. If I've done all I can on the one front and have some time to spare, why not get a drop on the next problem? The NRA guys are politicians, too, and they'll feel like they got away with something if it takes two months before anyone calls BS on something they did.

(Allegheny County)

I was surprised to see the big red banner at the top of the forums disappear. I was hoping that meant that the legislature had finally gotten the bill to the governor's desk, but apparently not.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Tim thanks for the information.

I just contact NRA-ILA to complain about our backstabber, I mean Liasion. She will pass along the information. I also talked with membership about cancelling and getting a refund of the balance. Told them why, as well as the fact that membership is about to drop in PA should something not be done to correct the existing problem.

Then called the ILA Volunteer Co-Ordinator. Guess what, he knows less than I do which is hard to do. However, he will be asking around and requested I call back early next week.

I strongly urge everyone to add the NRA-ILA to there call list to get this guy out of Harrisburg before he does more damage.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    Tim thanks for the information.

I just contact NRA-ILA to complain about our backstabber, I mean Liasion. She will pass along the information. I also talked with membership about cancelling and getting a refund of the balance. Told them why, as well as the fact that membership is about to drop in PA should something not be done to correct the existing problem.

Then called the ILA Volunteer Co-Ordinator. Guess what, he knows less than I do which is hard to do. However, he will be asking around and requested I call back early next week.

I strongly urge everyone to add the NRA-ILA to there call list to get this guy out of Harrisburg before he does more damage.
    I am not sure how far my voice would go with the NRA; I decided not to renew my membership last year when this same guy was trying to make back room deals with HB40.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    We may be able to get him fired from the NRA, but he won't be out of Harrisburg. He'll just keep opposing us while collecting a paycheck from someone like Brady/Ceasefire, etc.

You know, we all feel good about talking to our elected representatives to task and letting them know we are watching their shenanigans. Now that he's been publicly exposed, Hoenwarter should be shaking in his boots when he sees us in the capitol.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by P7hk9 View Post
    We may be able to get him fired from the NRA, but he won't be out of Harrisburg. He'll just keep opposing us while collecting a paycheck from someone like Brady/Ceasefire, etc.
    While this might be true, he'd be someone the legislators wouldn't have to listen to at that point, because he won't have the weight of an influential organization behind him. The reason(s) the NRA liaisons have pull is because the NRA has voters that back them; way more than VPC, the Bradys, CeaseFire, etc. The same is true of Kim Stolfer and the FOAC.

Quote Originally Posted by P7hk9 View Post
    You know, we all feel good about talking to our elected representatives to task and letting them know we are watching their shenanigans. Now that he's been publicly exposed, Hoenwarter should be shaking in his boots when he sees us in the capitol.
    Agreed.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Washington County)

Just saw this story:
    http://www.witf.org/state-house-soun...-slowing-bills

When it comes to the Castle Doctrine, House sponsor Scott Perry says he’s willing to put his ego aside and pass the Senate version, just to get a bill to Corbett’s desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Typical political bull shit, have to get your 'gold star' so you can tell everyone how great you are at getting YOUR bills passed.

The old screw what the people want, we have to get it done so we can take credit for it ..... freaking disgusting

Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast