Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Target shooting on private property?

JMHO but if this is getting to the point of getting a lawyer involved, maybe you should leave us in the dark? Not sure what legal ramifications could happen from you posting your side on here.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Beaver County)

I'm already banging my head against the wall!

He has not cared enough to make the calls and verify the ordinance for sure, so I doubt he will care enough to get financially involved with an attorney.

Flat out, he is burying his head in the sand in hopes that the big bad man just walks on past.

I know, its ignorent to tell the truth, but this guy is not playing to win, he playing the be the quiet and obediant sheeple that all govt officials expect us to be.

Maybe its harsh of me, and maybe the lack of proper legal offense is financially prohibited... but that by no means excuses him for not following the very early advise of finding out in a decisive manner if there is... or if there is not an ordinance that forbids the firing of a firearm at that location.

This is a dead issue. The actual victim barely cares about anything more than the money lost if he does not get the rifle back.... why should we care.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    I'm already banging my head against the wall!

He has not cared enough to make the calls and verify the ordinance for sure, so I doubt he will care enough to get financially involved with an attorney.

Flat out, he is burying his head in the sand in hopes that the big bad man just walks on past.

I know, its ignorent to tell the truth, but this guy is not playing to win, he playing the be the quiet and obediant sheeple that all govt officials expect us to be.

Maybe its harsh of me, and maybe the lack of proper legal offense is financially prohibited... but that by no means excuses him for not following the very early advise of finding out in a decisive manner if there is... or if there is not an ordinance that forbids the firing of a firearm at that location.

This is a dead issue. The actual victim barely cares about anything more than the money lost if he does not get the rifle back.... why should we care.
    Kinda where I was going...but I didn't really want to say it, so I went the "polite" route.

But I was smacking my forehead, too...

(Allegheny County)

Ditto, Ditto...

What larry0071 and Paradigm have stated is right as rain.
    I works me up just to read this mess, so I think I have to kill the thread pager and not venture here till there is some kind of sane resolution to this matter. Otherwise, it creates a stressful situation that can hurt me, heartwise and healthwise. Good luck man.

George
    <a href=http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store target=_blank>http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store</a>

(Lehigh County)

I'm confused as to why it's so difficult to find out whether there's an ordinance or not.

And even if there is, that doesn't allow for confiscation, does it? It merely allows for a citation to be issued, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    I'm confused as to why it's so difficult to find out whether there's an ordinance or not.

And even if there is, that doesn't allow for confiscation, does it? It merely allows for a citation to be issued, right?

That's the way I see it.
    I think the pd f'd up big time.
    I'm a cop people complained, your gun is mine don't cut it.
    They're trying to figure out how to back out of this.

The only issue I see aside from some ordinance is game law that requires 150yds from any occupied dwelling or out building without written permission.
    How that would matter lord knows.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

I just have to say that I'm a HOT head. If this had happened to me I would 1st have my wife do the talking during 90% of the incident. 2nd I would hire an attorney. There is no way I would let some big headed ass play games like this just because he had a badge.
    If everything happened as it has been described, I would sue. I would sue agressively and I would have no hesitation about putting money up front to do so.
    If you let this go as is you will regret it.

(Allegheny County)

ten characters
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; February 5th, 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Hey lets be clear. If you need funding (and here is the important part) and you want to follow through I don't think you will have any problem finding friends here. I have three neighbors in two miles. One was a WCO, the other is my TWP supervisor and the other was the town cop. I feel your pain, but trust me they can all go fuck off before I let them screw me over.

Just ask the right people
    Last edited by God's Country; January 29th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

With that I'll bow out now. But before I do...

When it comes to retribution remember this. By rolling over you give them reason to do this to others and think they can get away with retribution. You reap what you sow.

I don't do this for a living but I've been there, done that got the t-shirt. I gave you advice, I can't make you follow it...
    Good luck!

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast