Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A concealed carry story!

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I sent the packet out on the 14th....
    I saw you trying to copy off of my paper. I hope you at least put your name on it, instead of mine.

A Florida CCW covers you in South Carolina.

(Lebanon County)

Bill, thank you for adding the "timeline" of when you sent your stuff in and received your permit from them. We sent ours in about a week after the class held on October 11th and have still not gotten anything. I guess in the next 2 weeks maybe? Our credit card was charged for both of ours right at the end of October so we know they were received and that they got their money.

You know, I mailed my NH out the SAME day and they JUST cashed that check last WEDNESDAY!

Meleanie, I try to send this stuff off and then forget about it (like that is possible!). I hate waiting for these things, and dealing with government entities is an exercise in patience. So I try to ignore the ticking of the clock, or more accurately, the flapping of the pages on the calendar. I figure it will get here before I die, and if it doesn't, well, then I won't need it anymore. Of course, waiting on the suppressor was worse than waiting on the CFP from Utah!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Florida CWP covers you in South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
    A Florida CCW covers you in South Carolina.
    Sir,

Specific to you, as by your post you appear to be a resident of Florida, this is accurate.

To be clear, South Carolina only recognizes permits held by folks who are residents of the states with which they have an agreement in place.
    A PA resident carrying in SC on a Florida Non-Resident CWP would not be covered.

As Pennsylvania has no educational requirement in order to issue a permit / PA LTCF, there is little likelihood of an agreement between PA and SC, so PA Resident LTCF holders have no immediate relief in sight unless SC carry statutes are changed.

South Carolina does issue a little known Non-Resident permit but you must own property in SC and have a tax receipt to prove it; some folks have been creative enough to form a group and jointly purchase a small plot or vacant lot in order to qualify.

Fortunately, SC does have some fairly liberal vehicle carry laws and you can carry on private property there with the permission of the owner (example: visiting family / friends) and can carry in your hotel / motel AFTER you have checked in and paid the state hotel / motel tax.

Hope this helps ...

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Bill, thank you for adding the "timeline" of when you sent your stuff in and received your permit from them. We sent ours in about a week after the class held on October 11th and have still not gotten anything. I guess in the next 2 weeks maybe? Our credit card was charged for both of ours right at the end of October so we know they were received and that they got their money.

You know, I mailed my NH out the SAME day and they JUST cashed that check last WEDNESDAY!
    Hello Melanie / all ...

The processing timeline for the Utah CFP does not begin until your financials are processed. From that point (unless there is a glitch with the application, fingerprint card or background check) return receipt of your permit currently takes 55 to 65 days.

All mail sent to Utah government entities goes through security handling at a central facility in Salt Lake City to be checked for anthrax, etc ... (aint the post 9/11 world wonderful?) -- THEN it is forwarded throughout the state to the appropriate agency / branch.

In a cost saving measure, Laura and the staff at the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification only handle processing of permit applications on a 4 day / 10 hour work week, Monday through Thursday. Any Holidays, etc ... which impact these weekdays can add to the processing time.

As for New Hampshire, Rosemary generally turns apps around in 7 to 10 days, but the permits are printed by a third party that does them in batch form, then returns them to the NH State Police for issuance. For this reason, occasional delays of 30 - 45 days occur.

If your financials were processed by Utah at the end of October, you are likely going to receive your permit in the Xmas / New Year's timeframe.
    Should you not receive anything by the end of the first full week in January, contacting Utah via email may then be appropriate. Let me know ...

Hope this helps ...
    Last edited by BCI Instructor; December 2nd, 2008 at 09:39 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Am I on your ignore list?
    I need to look you up for your next class in the Chester County area. Would love to do some shooting with ya.

(Allegheny County)

Default Utah CFP Courses: Sun 12/7 Adams County, Sat 12/20 Centre County

Should Tony and the fine folks from the Fire Institute not have a course offering nearer to you, you may wish to check the following thread in the Concealed Carry Forum:

Utah Permit courses (2) - Adams County Sun 12/7, State College - Centre County Sat 12/20

Poster djturnz is handling sign up for the Adams County session, SlipStik is handling the Centre County course.

Both courses above are offering a discount to PAFOA posters and LEO's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12