Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Machine Guns Protected Under the Second Amendment?

Nothing has changed. "The more things change, the more they stay the same". The only rulings that matter are the ones from the Supreme Court. Everything else is cannon fodder.

(Allegheny County)

I figured as much. I didn't even watch all of the video that I posted because I knew it would wind up being a big nothingburger.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Unfortunately I think we would find some of our own joining the legal fight to keep the production of new machine guns illegal for the general public.

Right now they are basically an investment and worth a lot of money to those who own them. 10*s of thousands to hundreds of thousand in some cases. I could easily see many of the people who own them want to keep things they way they are so their investments do not depreciate overnight the way they would if new production machine guns were deemed legal.

I remember going to the Llanarch Gun Shop a couple of blocks away from where I grew up as a kid in the late 70*s and early 80*s. They kept the machine guns in a case behind the counter and I remember looking at them. I had no idea they would soon be a thing of the past.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I figured as much. I didn't even watch all of the video that I posted because I knew it would wind up being a big nothingburger.
    I would never watch a clickbait video like that either but I won't discount this as a nothingburger just yet. Walleye posted the actual court ruling in th OP and it seems like it has some good precedence citing Heller and Bruen (at least for a non lawyer like me). This will work its way up.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Unfortunately I think we would find some of our own joining the legal fight to keep the production of new machine guns illegal for the general public.

Right now they are basically an investment and worth a lot of money to those who own them. 10*s of thousands to hundreds of thousand in some cases. I could easily see many of the people who own them want to keep things they way they are so their investments do not depreciate overnight the way they would if new production machine guns were deemed legal.

I remember going to the Llanarch Gun Shop a couple of blocks away from where I grew up as a kid in the late 70*s and early 80*s. They kept the machine guns in a case behind the counter and I remember looking at them. I had no idea they would soon be a thing of the past.
    I saw a recent estimate that there are around 700,000 class three machine guns in private citizens ownership in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

You would be wrong. We stamp collectors would jump at the chance to buy more at retail and give up value in transferable collections.. This argument
    has been out for a while and usually comes from those that don't own NFA or are libtard speculators
    SigGendered

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    I saw a recent estimate that there are around 700,000 class three machine guns in private citizens ownership in the US.
    That sounds kinda high. The number of transferable MGs is usually considered to be around 170,000.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    That sounds kinda high. The number of transferable MGs is usually considered to be around 170,000.
    There are surely many more that are not "transferable." May be talking apples and oranges here.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    https://giffords.org/lawcenter/gun-l...machine%20guns.

How many guns are on the machine gun registry?

As of 2021, the national registry of machine guns contained registrations for 741,146 machine guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI View Post
    You would be wrong. We stamp collectors would jump at the chance to buy more at retail and give up value in transferable collections.. This argument
    has been out for a while and usually comes from those that don't own NFA or are libtard speculators
    Unfortunately I do not own any. I just known to many people in life motivated solely by money. Hope you are right that I am wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast