Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Seeking advice and information.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Point to note - I fly often on American Airlines and check a firearm- usually out of PHL.

The bag will get a BSO(baggage security office) tag and result in the need to go to the baggage office for pickup. So while not a "firearm inside" label - it does ID the bag at having something "special" inside! Other airlines do similar.
    That's good to know. I only once flew with a handgun in a checked bag. (Locked box inside 'locked' bag.) Nothing special. I was a little nervous waiting at the baggage carousel, wondering if it would still be there. It was, but having it set aside for pickup by only the rightful owner seems a good step.

I wonder if that is something you can request of any and all airlines, and if they charge a fee.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Point to note - I fly often on American Airlines and check a firearm- usually out of PHL.

The bag will get a BSO(baggage security office) tag and result in the need to go to the baggage office for pickup. So while not a "firearm inside" label - it does ID the bag at having something "special" inside! Other airlines do similar.
    I made no claims about any other labels of any kind.

That said, the one time I checked guns, my bags didn't get ANY special labels and I picked up the bags as normal. As it happens, that bag pickup was at PHL too.

(Dauphin County)

Good to know. Thanks for the reply.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I think that California has a magazine limit of 10 rounds. I also think it is against their laws to import larger magazines into the state.

Would that impact what could be lawfully be brought into California in the manner prescribed in the posts above?

if the limit is 10 round and you have a 12 round magazine that is in another compartment, and locked up*.. could that possibly be seen as importing a large capacity magazine into the state.?
    There are rules on manufacturing, importing, and selling of "high-cap" mags. Currently there is a stay on the possession of these mags due to pending litigation.

In the OPs case, there should be no issue bringing in his carry as long as he leaves it locked up while in Kalifornia. When driving back to PA just needs to follow standard interstate transport laws, unless legally allowed to carry outside of that state, which is his plan.

I have a bunch of friends that just traveled to CA for a competition and they all made it safe and sound with their guns and hi-cap mags, and made it back out.

As someone who travels across state lines with his competition gear (and we all know how PA is surrounded by anti 2a states) I follow the interstate transport laws and don't give cops any reason to pull me over, when driving. IF i were to be pulled over i keep my mouth shut and don't tell them anything. Granted, I'm not actually carrying on my person either, but everything is locked in cases in the back of the car.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12