Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Wexford Range 203....Anyone have experience with going there on a weekday holiday?

I've been using the pistol range at the Wexford state game land range about a dozen times so far, and it's been great. I've heard some horror stories from more than a few shooters, about some major idiots showing up on the weekends, so I've specifically only gone there at 8am on weekdays, which is perfect. I show up at 8am and there are at the most 3 or 4 other shooters for the hour or so that I'm there, and they're always nice, responsible, respectful, safe experienced shooters (mostly older retired guys), that I can trust and don't have to worry about.... no weekend idiots. It's been great.

So, now I want to go warm up my new M1A for the first time tomorrow morning, hitting up the rifle range for the first time. But then I remembered that tomorrow is June Nineteenth, a major holiday. Has anyone ever shot there on a holiday day during the middle of the week? Should I expect it to be the same as it might be on a weekend day?? As much as I want to go tomorrow morning, I'm thinking I should just wait another day and go on Thursday instead. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Wexford Range 203....Anyone have experience with going there on a weekday holiday

1. avoid crowds.

B. avoid armed crowds.

thirdly - choose your enjoyment days

d. Be safe

It's not hard to figure out.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Default Re: Wexford Range 203....Anyone have experience with going there on a weekday holiday

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    1. avoid crowds.

B. avoid armed crowds.

thirdly - choose your enjoyment days

d. Be safe

It's not hard to figure out.
    well, I know that... my question was seeing if anyone knew if it would be crowded on a midweek holiday or not, so I could decide on whether or not it was worth the drive up there. I ended up going anyway, and it was as empty as any weekday, only two others were there initially at the 25 yard rifle range, and then i moved over to the 100 yard and i was all alone there... only saw 2 other people come in at that point. It was hot that's for sure, but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rat406 View Post
    well, I know that... my question was seeing if anyone knew if it would be crowded on a midweek holiday or not, so I could decide on whether or not it was worth the drive up there. I ended up going anyway, and it was as empty as any weekday, only two others were there initially at the 25 yard rifle range, and then i moved over to the 100 yard and i was all alone there... only saw 2 other people come in at that point. It was hot that's for sure, but not too bad.
    I go maybe twice a month. I used to go three times a week but having kids sucks up your time. I always go during the week and its never crowded. Early morning, maybe two guys at the pistol range, friendly and low key. Years ago before the range permit, it was a nightmare but those days are gone. Good for reloaders picking up brass but not so much anymore. I use the pistol range more than the rifle. Its really nice out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rat406 View Post
    I go maybe twice a month. I used to go three times a week but having kids sucks up your time. I always go during the week and its never crowded. Early morning, maybe two guys at the pistol range, friendly and low key. Years ago before the range permit, it was a nightmare but those days are gone. Good for reloaders picking up brass but not so much anymore. I use the pistol range more than the rifle. Its really nice out there.