Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Philadelphia outlaws bump stocks days after Supreme Court rejects federal ban

Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle L. Parker on Tuesday signed legislation outlawing rapid-fire gun devices just days after the Supreme Court overturned a federal ban on so-called bump stocks and the same day Senate Democrats tried unsuccessfully to again prohibit them nationwide.

The local ban takes effect immediately and bars anyone in Philadelphia from manufacturing or buying devices that are designed to accelerate how fast a semi-automatic gun can fire.
    Link

Let the lawsuits commence.

Default Re: Philadelphia outlaws bump stocks days after Supreme Court rejects federal ban

Philadelphia is a cesspool of lawlessness, starting at the top and oozing down.

I don't expect the flood of illegals to improve things.

I think John Carpenter had the right idea about a wall interdicting cities that have gone full-criminaltard. Just wall Philly in, let the criminals sort things out amongst themselves.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bradford County)

Default Re: Philadelphia outlaws bump stocks days after Supreme Court rejects federal ban

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Philadelphia is a cesspool of lawlessness, starting at the top and oozing down.

I don't expect the flood of illegals to improve things.

I think John Carpenter had the right idea about a wall interdicting cities that have gone full-criminaltard. Just wall Philly in, let the criminals sort things out amongst themselves.
    Oh yeah! But who's gonna step in for Kurt Russell?
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Oh yeah! But who's gonna step in for Kurt Russell?
    Nobody. If Air Force one goes down behind the wall, oh well.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

Bump stock open carry March anyone?

They are pathetically hilarious.

(Berks County)

Saw this coming from miles away.

Maybe she'll ban Glock switches too. That ought to calm things down.
    "You gotta be alive to get paid."

(Berks County)

I would like to hear GunLawyer's summary for a lay person to understand this though. How the whole stay by a court either upholds something existing or something new in situations like this.

This was passed. A court issued a stay it won't take effect, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Doll View Post
    Maybe she'll ban Glock switches too. That ought to calm things down.
    Lol! I don't know if you're being facetious or simple unaware, but the same bill actually includes a ban of Glock switches. So, a ban on bump stocks which SCOTUS just proclaimed legal and a ban on Glock switches which were already illegal and neither of these actions will do anything to combat outlaws using them.

Still, I generally like the new mayor compared to the useless, woke POS who just left. At least she's trying to be proactive in cleaning up the city, even if it includes dumb shit like this.

https://6abc.com/post/philadelphia-m...ions/14971952/

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Excommunicated View Post
    Lol! I don't know if you're being facetious or simple unaware, but the same bill actually includes a ban of Glock switches. So, a ban on bump stocks which SCOTUS just proclaimed legal and a ban on Glock switches which were already illegal and neither of these actions will do anything to combat outlaws using them.

Still, I generally like the new mayor compared to the useless, woke POS who just left. At least she's trying to be proactive in cleaning up the city, even if it includes dumb shit like this.

https://6abc.com/post/philadelphia-m...ions/14971952/

Political pandering; eyewash, window dressing.

"Look! We're doing a thing! For your safety and the future of our political careers!

Noah, terminally cynical
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast