Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 🤔PennDOT forces popular PA business to close, Here’s why

C'mon man you know the thing do as I say or nutkick.gif

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: 🤔PennDOT forces popular PA business to close, Here’s why

Assholes!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

I've been there many times. They are assholes. They're closing it to solve a problem that isn't a problem, and to create a problem, because they're putting a damned round about there so they "need" the land of a 3 generation family shop.

What makes me MORE angry, is the decision was made by some faceless bureaucrat who will suffer zero accountability of the problems they create for the community, while not living there. This needs to stop, unelected officials making sweeping decisions ruining communities.

What makes me MORE angry is, that pechins mill is a small dead end road that goes back to a gun club i shoot at, and the germantown pike extension is at the end of the trap range. Which is completely unnecessary, and probably going to close down the range.

I drove that intersection today on my way to norristown, at 5:30, and back at 6:30, and it was fine.

What makes me MORE angry is they could have killed that disused gocart track turned thrift shop (of which there are 4 of in the immediate area), and put the intersection down there, instead of ruining a community staple farm stand. Or they could have gone through some woodlands instead. There are options.

iAnal

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I've been there many times. They are assholes. They're closing it to solve a problem that isn't a problem, and to create a problem, because they're putting a damned round about there so they "need" the land of a 3 generation family shop.

What makes me MORE angry, is the decision was made by some faceless bureaucrat who will suffer zero accountability of the problems they create for the community, while not living there. This needs to stop, unelected officials making sweeping decisions ruining communities.

What makes me MORE angry is, that pechins mill is a small dead end road that goes back to a gun club i shoot at, and the germantown pike extension is at the end of the trap range. Which is completely unnecessary, and probably going to close down the range.

I drove that intersection today on my way to norristown, at 5:30, and back at 6:30, and it was fine.

What makes me MORE angry is they could have killed that disused gocart track turned thrift shop (of which there are 4 of in the immediate area), and put the intersection down there, instead of ruining a community staple farm stand. Or they could have gone through some woodlands instead. There are options.

Build back better my ASS 😡

You can't tell me there wasn't room to relocate their driveway to those woods on the other side of the building, then take their driveway and leave the building alone. It's not a high traffic area, but it is a high traffic business. I've literally waited an hour there for my ticket to be called.

It's not a high traffic road, it doesn't need to be 4 lanes with a divider. Ridge pike is 4 lanes and it's just as wide as their driveway. Their plans for germantown are almost double the width of the existing road. For a road that carries less traffic.

iAnal

(Berks County)

They probably refused to become part of a cooperative farm...

(Berks County)

I wonder how much they're giving them for their property. Old businesses like that often have little overhead because they aren't paying off a multi-million dollar property loan. Unless they get enough from that 'sale' to buy another place, they will not be able to keep their prices the same if they relocate.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Is that area really that built up? I haven't been up there since the 90s when I worked in Norristown and lived in Harleysville. I remember Evensburg Road being a nice rural drive.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Is that area really that built up? I haven't been up there since the 90s when I worked in Norristown and lived in Harleysville. I remember Evensburg Road being a nice rural drive.
    I don't know about being built up, as I haven't crossed that bridge eastbound in quite a while but it has been a clusterfuck for years. What they need to do is move or remove that hotel there and replace the bridge to alleviate congestion. I did cruise down 29 a week or so ago and at least they lined that highway up with a straight trough and now there is a Royal farms at the 29/Ridge Pike intersection. I believe they were supposed to build townhouse developments around Superior Tube but I'm not sure where they are/were supposed to go. There was a vacant field to the east and the ball fields to the west of the plant. Building in both of those spots wouldn't surprise me.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wonder how much they're giving them for their property. Old businesses like that often have little overhead because they aren't paying off a multi-million dollar property loan. Unless they get enough from that 'sale' to buy another place, they will not be able to keep their prices the same if they relocate.
    Maybe they WANT to hang it up and retire.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast