Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Thieves back truck thru front brick wall of DE gun store, steal firearms

That was actually pretty ballsy, even at 2 AM, that storefront is on a 6 lane highway, Route 13/40.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Thieves back truck thru front brick wall of DE gun store, steal firearms

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I remember buying 2 8lb jugs of powder there. The guy behind the counter asked why would anybody need that much powder.
    FUDD
    Absolutely Fudds in that shop. They do those gun buybacks for the police on a regular basis. Years ago when there was a shotgun shell shortage they had just gotten in a few pallets of shells and I bought 10 cases. I guess they didn't question that because of the times with shortages of everything.

(Delaware County)

Traded a completely worn out Blue Sky import M1 Carbine for a new Marlin 1894C there in 1999. The staff was attentive and welcoming. They were a decent source for powder at the time as well. No Fudd vibe that I detected in those days. Time moves on and I hadn*t been in for 20 years. Then wife and I were driving by and I stopped just because* the place had a different feel. Lots of shotguns, less powder, different mood.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it trend upwards. If they executed the perps who did these things, much less of it would be done.
    Do they really even catch the scumbags? It always seems to be yutes with face masks, dressed like everyone else you see on these streets.

(Jefferson County)

I have $5 that the perps were from Ohio(greater Cleveland region) or Philly area.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    Do they really even catch the scumbags? It always seems to be yutes with face masks, dressed like everyone else you see on these streets.
    They do get caught sometimes. There was a group from Philadelphia hitting Montco (Founding Fathers) and Bucks County about 2 years ago. They were caught and prosecuted outside Philadelphia, a good thing, and some of the firearms recovered.

(Jefferson County)

They did for a series of burglaries here in NW PA. Our local gun shop was victim a couple/few years ago, perps were from Ohio.

They didn't catch them red-handed. I think it was from finding someone with one of the stolen guns, then working backwards.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

I'm surprised at the lack of poles in the front of the door. Unless they are backing tractor trailers up to the front door to unload I would think they'd have poles at least to the sides of the door.
    I suppose they could install locking hinged or removable bollards in front of the doors if they have a need to move anything big in or out. Getting ridiculous the level of time, materials and expense necessary to try and keep shitty people from doing shitty things.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    They do get caught sometimes. There was a group from Philadelphia hitting Montco (Founding Fathers) and Bucks County about 2 years ago. They were caught and prosecuted outside Philadelphia, a good thing, and some of the firearms recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    They did for a series of burglaries here in NW PA. Our local gun shop was victim a couple/few years ago, perps were from Ohio.

They didn't catch them red-handed. I think it was from finding someone with one of the stolen guns, then working backwards.
    This makes total sense. I can see how a string of robberies from the same group would eventually lead to arrests. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a one-off.

I'm surprised at the lack of poles in the front of the door. Unless they are backing tractor trailers up to the front door to unload I would think they'd have poles at least to the sides of the door.
    It looks like a ramp leading to the door, no doubt the poles had to be removed for ADA compliance so the alphabets can battle back and forth with regulations that countermand one another but will always leave the victim at fault no matter what..
    SigGendered

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast