Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: To intervene or to Not intervene, that is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    *It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.*
    * Theodore Roosevelt

I see it as 2 choices. You can choose to fear pain, death, and litigation like the critic or you can take what you deem as appropriate action.
    You did what was right for you. You followed your moral compass. There is no shame to that.

Rick

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I see it as 2 choices. You can choose to fear pain, death, and litigation like the critic or you can take what you deem as appropriate action.
    You did what was right for you. You followed your moral compass. There is no shame to that.

Rick

*It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.*
    * Theodore Roosevelt

You did what you believed to be right. You followed your moral compass. There is no shame to that.

Rick

^^^^^^believe it. He told you three times!

As a human being , I couldn't just sit there and watch. Sue me.

FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post

The good news is the sub-humans were tracked down and arrested. Since it's Florida, maybe they'll actually even face punishment.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post

^This seems ideal under these circumstances. The one being attacked was safe
    in her car for the moment. The witness captured a video that has likely proven
    invaluable, the witness screamed from the safety of her own vehicle and was very
    likely (IMHO) responsible for the crazies to call off their attack.

She was able to help, without getting so involved as to create *LEGAL risk for herself. The
    question I have is this: what would this witness have done next if the protective
    auto glass was broken giving the attackers open access to the other driver?

*Added after proof-reading.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; June 2nd, 2024 at 02:37 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    ^This seems ideal under these circumstances. The one being attacked was safe
    in her car for the moment. The witness captured a video that has likely proven
    invaluable, the witness screamed from the safety of her own vehicle and was very
    likely (IMHO) responsible for the crazies to call off their attack.

She was able to help, without getting so involved as to create *LEGAL risk for herself. The
    question I have is this: what would this witness have done next if the protective
    auto glass was broken giving the attackers open access to the other driver?

*Added after proof-reading.
    Hopefully she would have shot them, I know I would have. People like that don't belong in society.
    FJB

(York County)

Intervention is a roll of the dice.

https://firearmsforever.org/news/geo...ne-in-florida/

"Georgia man allegedly beat girlfriend, killed bystander who attempted to intervene in Florida"
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

This bystander chick intervened like a boss! She shoots a thug with a gun then literally kicks his ass! Not sure where this happened...looks south of the border...

https://x.com/TheFigen_/status/1797021695171002872

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast