Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: To intervene or to Not intervene, that is the question...

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Why? Why the fuck would to get involved? What would POSSIBLY motivate you to get shot by 8 or more guys instead of minding your own damned business?
    Probably because it was in a public place and there were uninvolved women and children there. I came into this world fighting and screaming so that's the way I want to go out, not cowering behind the fear of what if.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Probably because it was in a public place and there were uninvolved women and children there. I came into this world fighting and screaming so that's the way I want to go out, not cowering behind the fear of what if.
    And so you interjected yourself into a situation where others were fighting and screaming? LOL.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Probably because it was in a public place and there were uninvolved women and children there.
    And so you decided to get involved in something that did not involve you, by escalating things via the release of an attack dog. In doing so, you risked turning a fistfight into a shooting incident, putting those women and children at risk of being accidentally shot by stray bullets and the trauma of witnessing such an incident. Good job!

I'm just curious how you would feel if the irate participants you confronted had said "fuck you, motherfucker!!", pulled out some guns and started shooting your way, and one of those "uninvolved women and children", or even your dog, ended up shot dead.

(Chester County)

I'm not sure Exbiker's tactics were as sound as I would like. Dog being not the best defense against multiple armed attackers.

Also, I personally won't get involved in situations where people are engaged in what appears to be mutually agreeable combat. But I think in general Exbiker's heart is in the right place. It's sad that today someone can see a crime being committed on an innocent person and feel like they can only call 911 and then watch the person continued to be harmed while awaiting police response. Which might be quite some time in coming depending on LEO's location and what else is going on. (Again, not necessarily this particular incident.)

I know if it was my wife, kid, or me being attacked, I would be hoping someone could help even out the odds a little bit. Liability be damned. In this case, consensual combat among thugs does not qualify for my sympathy. However, a real chance of other innocents getting harmed by collateral damage could be a mitigating factor depending on circumstances.

I intervened once because I don't like people acting like assholes next to me and interfering with my daily routine.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I don't like people acting like assholes next to me...
    Well, fighting that is a fucking hopeless battle. It also comes with risks.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I'm not sure Exbiker's tactics were as sound as I would like. Dog being not the best defense against multiple armed attackers.

Also, I personally won't get involved in situations where people are engaged in what appears to be mutually agreeable combat. But I think in general Exbiker's heart is in the right place. It's sad that today someone can see a crime being committed on an innocent person and feel like they can only call 911 and then watch the person continued to be harmed while awaiting police response. Which might be quite some time in coming depending on LEO's location and what else is going on. (Again, not necessarily this particular incident.)

I know if it was my wife, kid, or me being attacked, I would be hoping someone could help even out the odds a little bit. Liability be damned. In this case, consensual combat among thugs does not qualify for my sympathy. However, a real chance of other innocents getting harmed by collateral damage could be a mitigating factor depending on circumstances.
    In neither the OP's post nor exbiker's story was any innocent person being physically attacked. They were verbal arguments between adults.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Well, fighting that is a fucking hopeless battle. It also comes with risks.
    It sure does, like Lewis Medlock said, I never had insurance my whole life, there's no risk.
    FJB

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Have you seen a K9 control a mob? Not to mention there are groups (like) this that inherently fear K9s. Walking in some urban areas I have people cross the street to avoid me.
    Watch one GSD control a flock of 100 sheep. He doesn't use force just intimidation and awareness.

(Chester County)

No doubt what you are saying is true. But a good K9 still might not keep you from getting shot while he is busy biting somebody else. I'd want more than just the K9 available to deal with any problems.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast