Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Now Four Americans in Turks & Caicos Facing 12 Yrs in Jail for Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Turks isn't a third world shithole. It's not Haiti.

On that note, we are going to Curaçao soon.
    Do you have someone to feed your fish when you get arrested?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Do you have someone to feed your fish when you get arrested?
    I have a self-feeder. They will last quite a while in there.

(Philadelphia County)

Don't vacation third world shitholes.
    LOL. Have you ever left Pennsylvania ? Ever left the USA ?

(Allegheny County)

I've been to the Caribbean. I seem to recall it being a third world shithole outside of the touristy areas.

Won't have to worry about ammo though. Can't afford it any more and I don't have a "real ID", so PA vacations work fine for me.
    (not that I ever get a vacation anyway)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    LOL. Have you ever left Pennsylvania ? Ever left the USA ?
    I haven't been in as many states as free, but at last count I was in 43 of them. I've also been out of the country. Has nothing to do with my lack of interest in going to third world shitholes.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I haven't been in as many states as free, but at last count I was in 43 of them. I've also been out of the country. Has nothing to do with my lack of interest in going to third world shitholes.
    FWIW, I've been to all 50 states, as well as Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.

I do have an interest in 3rd world shit holes. Ones I have visited include Mexico, Belize, Bahamas, Egypt, Sudan, Kenya and Tanzania.

Some of you would probably include Turkey, Russia and some Eastern European countries I've been to as 3rd world shit holes too.

All that, and not once have I been stopped for contraband. Go figure.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I've been to the Caribbean. I seem to recall it being a third world shithole outside of the touristy areas.

Won't have to worry about ammo though. Can't afford it any more and I don't have a "real ID", so PA vacations work fine for me.
    (not that I ever get a vacation anyway)
    I am ABSOLUTELY shocked. I would have been SERIOUS money that you had never left the country. Hell, I woulda bet $100 that you never left Allegheny County.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I am ABSOLUTELY shocked. I would have been SERIOUS money that you had never left the country. Hell, I woulda bet $100 that you never left Allegheny County.
    I'm not from Allegheny county! I was born all the way over in Cambria county! LOL

I was in Canada (Niagara Falls) when I was a toddler.
    I was in Mexico twice as a child (pre-16) - just across the border to the marketplace in Nuevo Laredo.
    My aunt drove us there from San Antonio - she refused to allow me to buy a switchblade and brass knuckles at the market because "border patrol will throw you in jail if they search us on the way home!" LOL!
    When I was seven we went on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks towing a tiny camping trailer out west (from PA) and I dunno how many states we went through, but we got as far as Nevada. (Yellowstone/Grand Canyon/Badlands/etc)

As an adult, I've driven to Ohio a few times. LOL (all the way to Dayton when I was 19)
    The furthest east I've ever driven in PA is to the group shoot in central PA.
    The furthest south I've ever driven is Morgantown WV.
    The furthest north I've ever driven was Erie PA.
    Oh yeah - a few trips to Washington DC and Ocean City Maryland.

Three Caribbean cruises.
    The first (honeymoon) was a "Southern" cruise - furthest south was Barbados.
    If I'm not mistaken, I liked that one the best because you felt "far away" because you didn't see things like Dunkin Donuts and Kmart.

Honestly, if money were not an issue, I would enjoy going again.
    I never had any burning desire to go elsewhere - especially "overseas".
    The only thing that would remotely interest me (and is pretty much never going to happen) would be to trace the path that my father in law took as he "traveled" Europe as a US army combat engineer during WWII. It would be cool to see the cities and bridges he took photos of in person, going from Utah beach to the Remagen bridge, and onward into Germany.

We would likely go places if not for financial and physical limitations - travel in a car for more than an hour really isn't possible these days.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm not from Allegheny county! I was born all the way over in Cambria county! LOL

I was in Canada (Niagara Falls) when I was a toddler.
    I was in Mexico twice as a child (pre-16) - just across the border to the marketplace in Nuevo Laredo.
    My aunt drove us there from San Antonio - she refused to allow me to buy a switchblade and brass knuckles at the market because "border patrol will throw you in jail if they search us on the way home!" LOL!
    When I was seven we went on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks towing a tiny camping trailer out west (from PA) and I dunno how many states we went through, but we got as far as Nevada. (Yellowstone/Grand Canyon/Badlands/etc)

As an adult, I've driven to Ohio a few times. LOL (all the way to Dayton when I was 19)
    The furthest east I've ever driven in PA is to the group shoot in central PA.
    The furthest south I've ever driven is Morgantown WV.
    The furthest north I've ever driven was Erie PA.
    Oh yeah - a few trips to Washington DC and Ocean City Maryland.

Three Caribbean cruises.
    The first (honeymoon) was a "Southern" cruise - furthest south was Barbados.
    If I'm not mistaken, I liked that one the best because you felt "far away" because you didn't see things like Dunkin Donuts and Kmart.

Honestly, if money were not an issue, I would enjoy going again.
    I never had any burning desire to go elsewhere - especially "overseas".
    The only thing that would remotely interest me (and is pretty much never going to happen) would be to trace the path that my father in law took as he "traveled" Europe as a US army combat engineer during WWII. It would be cool to see the cities and bridges he took photos of in person, going from Utah beach to the Remagen bridge, and onward into Germany.

We would likely go places if not for financial and physical limitations - travel in a car for more than an hour really isn't possible these days.
    Damn,now that's a summary!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Damn,now that's a summary!
    LOL!

If I had a video, I would have just posted a link.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast