Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Now Four Americans in Turks & Caicos Facing 12 Yrs in Jail for Ammo

I have a backpack that I regularly take to the range or to organized shoots. It would make a perfect carry on for a short trip to Key West etc...That sucker doesn't go anywhere near an airport. Range bags are range bags and luggage/carry-ons are just that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I have a backpack that I regularly take to the range or to organized shoots. It would make a perfect carry on for a short trip to Key West etc...That sucker doesn't go anywhere near an airport. Range bags are range bags and luggage/carry-ons are just that.
    Lookie there. Basic common sense and some due diligence for ya.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

It’s possible the one guy didn’t know those few rounds were in his bag. He didn’t know because his wife hid them in his bag so she could be with her boyfriend for the next 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I have the same policy, range bag goes only to the range.

But why all the hate for Turks & Caicos? It*s getting to the same point here in some places Travel to the PRM (People*s Republic of Massachusetts) and possession of Ammunition or components for ammunition could get you ten years unless you have state issued permission slip. Heaven forbid you have a piece of brass rolling around under the seat and spouse drives your truck

Quote Originally Posted by northny View Post
    I have the same policy, range bag goes only to the range.

But why all the hate for Turks & Caicos? It*s getting to the same point here in some places Travel to the PRM (People*s Republic of Massachusetts) and possession of Ammunition or components for ammunition could get you ten years unless you have state issued permission slip. Heaven forbid you have a piece of brass rolling around under the seat and spouse drives your truck
    I don’t go to Massachusetts either

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    It’s possible the one guy didn’t know those few rounds were in his bag. He didn’t know because his wife hid them in his bag so she could be with her boyfriend for the next 12 years.
    You beat me to it.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Frizratz View Post
    You beat me to it.
    You need to get up earlier in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    The State Department could remedy this situation by anouncing a ban for US citizens for going to the Turks & Caicos.
    My thought as well. The economies of those nations would Cubafy without American money, and there are plenty of islands whose govts are less actively hateful towards the USA. Same weather, less jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Why should the rest of us suffer because of these four dumbasses?
    You have a weird definition of "suffer" & "dumbass".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You have a weird definition of "suffer" & "dumbass".
    Meh. I call it like I see it.

I think any time the govt curtails freedom and liberty without good cause is infliction of suffering.

Doubly-so when the govt's action is the result of dumbasses walking amongst us.
    Last edited by free; May 11th, 2024 at 03:00 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Nope. Total dumbasses. If you don't thoroughly search your own luggage before flying with it - dumbass!! Going over seas with such luggage? Double dumbass!!

Attachment 174400
    Absolutely. Before I do any travel I tear apart my stuff to make sure there isn’t so much as a brass casing. I also avoid using any luggage that I’m traveling with for firearms work. They’ve got separate cases and bags for that. It’s just dumb to mix and not check

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast