Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 45 of 147 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Bad people misusing guns sounds a lot like the arguments anti*s use to justify banning Semi autos/extended magazines etc../ or adding them to the NFA.

Amendments are changes that can be over ridden by other amendments. Look at the 18th and 21st. The NFA is a bit different than that. You say that braces were alway a loophole. I agree with that. But I also think the NFA is a loophole for the 2nd.

The Bill of Rights is to limit the government rights. Not for the government to limit peoples rights. Yes bad guys could misuse automatics and have in the past. They can still get the parts to convert semis to autos because they are criminals and that*s what they do.

I don*t really want a machine gun. I don*t really want a bump stock. There are a lot of things I don*t want, but that does not mean I support the government taking any of them away from citizens who do not break the law. And if someone wants a machine gun, I do not think they should have to spend a years worth of mortgage payments to get a 37 plus year old gun.
    I think the conversation needs to not be "what" can be owned, but "who" can own. What I mean is, if you are a career criminal you forfeit the right to be able to own tools of your trade. On the other hand, if you are law abiding you should own whatever the hell you want. Owning a cannon, MG or SBR is not going to cause a law abiding person to break the law.
    That said, I'm certain many otherwise law abiding people are going to become felons in the next 5 months, which just means people have their limits and the more shit that's thrown at them, the more people will reach their limit.
    The Hostler

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What's retarded is gun owners EAGERLY lining up to register their fucking guns.
    I knew it would happen one day, but didn't expect it in my lifetime.
    People have been doing sbrs for years, just like silencers. Its lined up so far it can take years for that suppressor. I would do it any way, now I get to do it for free even if it takes them 10 years to figure out my paper work. I'm not changing anything thats gonna be ruined or is rare.

I AM WRITING MY CONGRESSMEN. But you just bitch and ignore the fact that people did this before hand anyway. What good is a MP5k if its not SBR? Really want to run that with that pistol brace? Nah, i'ma pimp that shit while I got the funds
    '
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Bad people misusing guns sounds a lot like the arguments anti*s use to justify banning Semi autos/extended magazines etc../ or adding them to the NFA.

Amendments are changes that can be over ridden by other amendments. Look at the 18th and 21st. The NFA is a bit different than that. You say that braces were alway a loophole. I agree with that. But I also think the NFA is a loophole for the 2nd.

The Bill of Rights is to limit the government rights. Not for the government to limit peoples rights. Yes bad guys could misuse automatics and have in the past. They can still get the parts to convert semis to autos because they are criminals and that*s what they do.

I don*t really want a machine gun. I don*t really want a bump stock. There are a lot of things I don*t want, but that does not mean I support the government taking any of them away from citizens who do not break the law. And if someone wants a machine gun, I do not think they should have to spend a years worth of mortgage payments to get a 37 plus year old gun.
    I just know we could have cartel style militia with minigun tacticals within weeks of passing making new machine guns legal. And again, I think you need real training for full auto. Real real training for that cannon too. Fuck that, can I grab a LAW?

Cause with the wealth inequality in this country that might be the "eat the rich". That M2 will take out all the cash security guards, and likely the cops who show up if they have the chance. You gonna be the good guy with the gun at the local store to shoot the guy with the M2 50 cal? I've watched them refill the ATMs at the WAWA, and each gets $60k, + whatever they remove that wasn't used that week. Thats a quarter million dollar robbery easy. Give me 3 guys and we could do it without even my MPX or AR. Of course I would never do that cause I'm not gonna take the chance of having to harm or worse murder someone, or get in that life, but I watch them do it almost weekly. Some Wawa have 4 ATMs!

(Allegheny County)

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/0...nder-firearms/

Gun Confiscation: Connecticut Tells "Unregistered" Gun Owners to Surrender Firearms

By Dean Garrison -
    February 26, 2014

I remember when gun owners mocked these people and said "NEVER!".

Who would have imagined that a $200 carrot is all it would take.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Franklin County)

Let me know when it's time to start surrendering ammo.
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    https://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/0...nder-firearms/

Gun Confiscation: Connecticut Tells "Unregistered" Gun Owners to Surrender Firearms

By Dean Garrison -
    February 26, 2014

I remember when gun owners mocked these people and said "NEVER!".

Who would have imagined that a $200 carrot is all it would take.
    Gun owners enlisting in the "Free shit army".
    The Hostler

(Northampton County)

Most are not getting it, the transfers will not be done at that 88 day mark which will result in an automatic denial, silencer transfers that they told us would be done at 90 days are now at 6 to 9 months, I have an actual sbr transfer sitting at 2 1/2 months right now, the guy just picked up his can, that was 8 months. What the ATF is not telling us is what is going to be that enforcement that will occur at 88 days if you don't have a stamp. The real question is do you trust that the ATF is not going to Fuck you , it's a simple question. I have SBR's, pistol braces ,silencers. They have lured folks in with free tax stamps, I hope they don't fuck you! 40 million plus brace transfers won't happen in 120 days, if you feel save that you filed it and believe that they won't fuck you okay go for it. Here's another question will you get you stamp in 1 year, 5 years ten years ? I am sure it won't be here in thirty days. I will will most likely re-configure some guns right now to avoid the mess that the antique efile system can't handle.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

[IMG=CONFIG]163612[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bradford County)

The look on face of the lady in the chair is priceless.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Northampton County)

Love that photo ,that's priceless!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 45 of 147 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast