Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Question Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Start by finding his video titled "BREAKING - DC Circuit Orders Stay of Trump Bump Stock Ban". posted March 26, 2019.

The Trump era bump stock ban went into effect on March 26, 2019
    The only YT video I could find using your search criteria was one on the Mrgunsngear Channel which was posted 12 days ago.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: ATF Just Dropped Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    The Trump era bump stock ban went into effect on March 26, 2019
    The only YT video I could find using your search criteria was one on the Mrgunsngear Channel which was posted 12 days ago.
    That's because he jumped the gun and spread false information. Then he pulled this specific video and blamed youtube for "attacking gun channels" and removing it, instead of admitting his mistake.

Might have to upload that video for him because everyone forgets and I get tired of explaining it. It's a shame he gets any views at all.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

That's because he jumped the gun and spread false information. Then he pulled this specific video and blamed youtube for "attacking gun channels" and removing it, instead of admitting his mistake.
    Might have to upload that video for him because everyone forgets and I get tired of explaining it. It's a shame he gets any views at all.
    Who is "he".
    You're saying that the video in question was posted on the same day that the BS Ban went into effect.
    Please just upload your copy and post a link.

-Thanks

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Who is "he".
    You're saying that the video in question was posted on the same day that the BS Ban went into effect.
    Please just upload your copy and post a link.

-Thanks
    He? Guns and Gadgets?

Screenshot_20230120-074536_Gallery.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

He? Guns and Gadgets?
    Gotcha...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    The one thing I don't understand from the GnG video is they keep saying that you have an illegal SBR before sending in the Form 1 paperwork. Couldn't you take a pic with the brace on for the paperwork and then either remove the brace (if buffer tubes are legal) or put on a longer barrel until you get the tax stamp?
    This is what I was saying earlier in the thread, it's the same thing they did with solvent traps. The ATF has already declared that your AR Pistol is an SBR, providing a pic with the brace is just showing that you already own and possess an illegal SBR with no tax stamp. The AR Pistol in the ATF eyes as of their ruling is it's now an SBR, it isn't a AR pistol anymore which is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    He was f'd the moment he chose to live in CA. In this situation, he can do what most people are likely doing and toss the brace or swap out for a longer barrel.
    No, that's not a solution for him or any of us. What happens in one state is also a road map for what slowly trickles into other states. This coming from someone that would never in a million years consider living or visiting California again. We can't just say sorry about your luck, just move to a free state. Eventually there won't be any free states left and 30 years from now we'll look like Canada does now.

(Berks County)

i thought sending a pic of the gun was no longer required in the rules since they got rid of that dumb score sheet?

(Lancaster County)

This: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod54594.aspx and that modified bolt posted earlier should keep me legal, right?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    This: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod54594.aspx and that modified bolt posted earlier should keep me legal, right?
    What are you working on? I've never seen that part.

Below is the "pistol tube" that mine came with from the store. I had bought the original SB15 which just slid over the pistol tube. I think any tube that has a rib on it for multi-position shoulder stock length is going to be a no-no. The diameter of my pistol tube is large enough that a stock won't slide on to it.

*ETA: Now I get it- you're working with .22lr? Where you don't need a buffer tube at all?

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast