Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Pistol Brace Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    We're going off topic, but that's a situation I have not considered. Can someone give a non FFL a finished receiver and parts, and have that non FFL 'build' a gun for him? If bogey1 is an FFL, irrelevant to him.
    If one is making a firearm from a Non-NFA receiver that will end up being defined as an NFA firearm, then I believe one would have to file AFT Form 1.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...ter-6/download

(Franklin County)

Will not comply.
    The Hostler

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    We're going off topic, but that's a situation I have not considered. Can someone give a non FFL a finished receiver and parts, and have that non FFL 'build' a gun for him? If bogey1 is an FFL, irrelevant to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccaro View Post
    If one is making a firearm from a Non-NFA receiver that will end up being defined as an NFA firearm, then I believe one would have to file AFT Form 1.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...ter-6/download
    The one in question was not NFA, just a braced pistol.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Will not comply.
    This.

There's literally nothing to comply with.

This is just as mcuh bullshit as getting pulled over for speeding with a digital speed limit that keeps changing every 5 mins.
    Fuck them signs too.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; September 26th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    New action alert email came out from GOA on this a bit ago*
    The Biden-Harris Administration and the ATF are cracking down on your right to own a pistol.
    The upcoming *Amnesty Registration* rule for pistol braces will facilitate the banning and registration of millions of pistol braced weapons.
    Biden and Kamala are forcing you to choose between two options:
    A) Give the ATF your name, Social Security number, address, phone number, email, payment information, FINGERPRINTS, as well as the make, model, and serial number of your firearm * and provide photographic evidence of your compliance

OR

B) Face jail time and pay a $250,000 fine

Per the Biden-Harris Administration*s new rule, the updated form that pistol owners will now have to complete to register their pistol brace firearm is the ATF Form 1.
    According to the ATF itself, completing a Form 1 takes approximately four hours.
    That means, the owners of up to 40,000,000 braced weapons will spend up to a collective 160,000,000 hours registering their lawfully acquired firearms to comply with the Biden-Harris Administration*s new regulation.
    Moreover, gun owners may be required to pay a $200 tax per firearm just for complying with this new regulation * totaling up to $8,000,000,000 for the federal government.
    The ATF reportedly processed 512,315 National Firearms Act forms in 2020.
    At that rate * assuming no further backlog and assuming all affected gun owners comply with gun registration * it would take the ATF over 78 years to process all the pistol registration forms.
    I can assure you that Biden*s White House won*t want to wait 78 years. They won*t want to wait 78 days.
    They want to start cracking down on your guns RIGHT NOW . . .

In Liberty,
    Aidan Johnston
    Director of Federal Affairs
    Gun Owners of America

With respect to:

A) Give the ATF your name, Social Security number, address, phone number, email, payment information, FINGERPRINTS, as well as the make, model, and serial number of your firearm * and provide photographic evidence of your compliance

What if I already did that, fourteen (14) times from 1979 through 2008, to purchase seven transferable machine guns and submachine guns, two suppressors, and to build five SBRs and SBSs? ATF has fourteen such sets of documents from me. It's not the end of the world as Mr. Johnson from GOA makes it out to be. In fact, owners of NFA weapons are noteworthy for being extremely law-abiding, and the number of owners who used their NFA weapons in the commission of a crime was two (2) the last I looked. Since 1934.

According to the ATF itself, completing a Form 1 takes approximately four hours.

Might take an ATF govt worker 4h to complete a Form 1 or Form 4, but it takes me 15-20 mins each. Takes extra time to get CLEO sigs and have print cards generated, but that's not form completion time.

Moreover, gun owners may be required to pay a $200 tax per firearm just for complying with this new regulation * totaling up to $8,000,000,000 for the federal government.

Now we're getting to the crux of the matter - revenue. I have stated for years that the NFA Act of 1934 will NEVER be overturned because it is too much of a moneymaker for .gov. The GOA blurb above states: "The ATF reportedly processed 512,315 National Firearms Act forms in 2020." Let's assume that all of them required a $200 tax, and weren't an AOW that only required a $5 tax. That's $102,463,000 in tax revenue.

Now let's look at hundreds of thousands if not millions of stabilizing braces were purchased and installed on AR pistols by manufacturers and owner/buyers over a 8-10 yr period, with the ATF's tacit and in some specific cases, explicit approval in the form of letters from the ATF's Firearms Technical Branch in Martinsburg, WV. To keep the maths simple, let's assume it translates to 512,315 brace-stabilized AR pistols in owners' hands. Why wouldn't the ATF reverse their position on stabilizing braces when another potential $100,000,000 in NFA transfer tax revenue was at stake and up for grabs? Sure, some people won't comply, many people will remove the brace, and still others may "build" a rifle with a 16" barrel and switch to a collapsing or folding stock to avoid going the SBR route, but many may just pay the $200 and get on with life. I have a 10" LWRC piston-driven AR pistol with a SBA3 brace that I'm seriously considering just making another SBR AR. That will give me a pair.

Makes one wonder if that was the plan all along when the braces were originally approved. Many of us couldn't believe it, especially when there was one or two letters or "positional statements" that shouldering a brace-equipped pistol wasn't to be construed as an illegal act. Fast forward to 2022 and an amnesty registration period is seemingly an apparent option being considered by ATF for the affected owners of these pistols. "Got a braced pistol? We'll help you out by giving you a few months to apply for it to be registered as an NFA SBR, make the check or MO payable to "BATFE."

.Gov isn't stupid enough to confiscate NFA weapons from the public; that would kill a cash cow and the second thing most coveted by politicians and bureaucrats next to power is $$$$. Follow the $$$$.

JMO,

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; September 26th, 2022 at 09:47 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    With respect to:

What if I already did that, twelve (12) times, to purchase seven transferable machine guns and submachine guns, and to build five SBRs and SBSs?
    Pay up again and it should be easy for you, since you have a lot of experience on the process.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    With respect to:

A) Give the ATF your name, Social Security number, address, phone number, email, payment information, FINGERPRINTS, as well as the make, model, and serial number of your firearm – and provide photographic evidence of your compliance

What if I already did that, twelve (12) times, to purchase seven transferable machine guns and submachine guns, and to build five SBRs and SBSs?
    Pay up again and it should be easy for you, since you have a lot of experience on the process.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

It IS "the end of the world" for those of us who are not fond of giving up such info.

I understand the "follow the money" portion, but damn, that "Why do I care if they get my fingerprints? I already gave them up before. No big deal!" line of thought just pisses me off.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It IS "the end of the world" for those of us who are not fond of giving up such info.

I understand the "follow the money" portion, but damn, that "Why do I care if they get my fingerprints? I already gave them up before. No big deal!" line of thought just pisses me off.
    This.

I shouldnt have to pay an extra tax to own an item that they decided on a whim was going to be illegal/restricted overnight.

Fuck them. Come take it 🤷🏼*♂️ Im not going to comply willingly should this come to pass. And im more inclined to shoulder a braced pistol all the time instead of occasionally, just to piss in their cheerios.

(Bradford County)

The real question to my mind, given the upcoming midterms, is IF the R side of the coin can manage to retake the house or senate or both, ***can something be done about this***? I'm not saying that they may want to do so - hell, that's giving them too much credit. But 'could' this bs be kicked to the curb by congress in some way?
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast