Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: OAKS 3 Day Show OCT 15, 16, 17, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Lots of junk at this show. Didn*t look too much at firearm prices except at revolvers and they were overpriced. I snagged a new pocket knife, but this show wasn*t really that great. I didn*t even bother looking at ammo prices.
    Yup lots of junk and most everything was overpriced. Did not seem any bigger than the last show even though it was supposedly 500 more tables.

The ammo dealer in the front left of the entrance had the lowest price for brass 9mm I saw: $20 a box for Blazer Brass. Still more than I'm willing to spend for 9mm but not outrageous if you need some. There was another table in the middle somewhere that had Fiocchi 9mm 100rds for $40 as well.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    I*ve seen it done plenty of times and was even planning on doing it myself this show with an 03A3 but the discussion makes me think I*ll probably wind up lugging it around all day (Friday) to no avail.
    I think I saw you there. I was at the show with my wife (miracle of miracles, she came with me) and I saw somebody toting an 03A3 with a flag. Was around 2 PM.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I think I saw you there. I was at the show with my wife (miracle of miracles, she came with me) and I saw somebody toting an 03A3 with a flag. Was around 2 PM.
    I was there at the same time too with my wife. I was the guy in jeans and a t shirt, she was the blonde with big tits.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Lots of junk at this show. Didn*t look too much at firearm prices except at revolvers and they were overpriced. I snagged a new pocket knife, but this show wasn*t really that great. I didn*t even bother looking at ammo prices.
    I agree...too many Glocks, SDS 1911, SCCY and overpriced P320s....did see a decent P2000SK in factory 357Sig...around $850...

Lots of body armor and massage/pain relief cream though....lol

(Montgomery County)

Looking to pick up a Taurus TX22 Competition - anyone see any?

Also looking to eyeball Trijicon and Cmore sights, I have slight astigmatism and want to see them in person.

Always on lookout for a spare HK P9S - should have bought one when guy had them for $600. That was 10 years ago though.

(Chester County)

Lots of Chinese junk complete AR uppers, AR parts, flashlights, and optics. Bunker Gun Shop usually has the best selection of modern firearms at competitive prices. I forget the table*s name but the one knife vendor in the first hall on your left had a good selection of folding knives at competitive prices (snagged an auto Boker knife from them). They had a good amount of kydex holster makers which is never a bad thing. Again, I saw a lot of ammo vendors but none of them beat my hook up I have. This sounds funny but I wish the lady who sells the dip mixes was there. Not gonna lie, those dips taste really good and I usually snag the 4 box deal she offers. This is the second show in a row she wasn*t there.

(Bucks County)

Lots of Chinese junk complete AR uppers, AR parts, flashlights, and optics. Bunker Gun Shop usually has the best selection of modern firearms at competitive prices. I forget the table*s name but the one knife vendor in the first hall on your left had a good selection of folding knives at competitive prices (snagged an auto Boker knife from them). They had a good amount of kydex holster makers which is never a bad thing. Again, I saw a lot of ammo vendors but none of them beat my hook up I have. This sounds funny but I wish the lady who sells the dip mixes was there. Not gonna lie, those dips taste really good and I usually snag the 4 box deal she offers. This is the second show in a row she wasn*t there.
    Bunker has a better selection at the Chalfont location....I am surprised they didn't bring some of that stuff down there.

The guns there seem to going the way of collector grade stuff, Black rifles, and cheaper ghetto guns... I may go bsck Sunday just to see if they 2 guns I looked at are still there...

(Delaware County)

It's a 2-hall show, which I'm pretty certain is not the amount of tables that Eagle was advertising.

I don't think I'm going to go on Fridays anymore. I didn't find anything I was looking for on my first time around. I bought everything on the second round, starting around 5 p.m.. The vendors hadn't finished setting up yet.

9mm - $40 for 100rds, or $330/1000 was the best I saw for brass-case. A lot of 50 round boxes priced at $25, or higher
    AR lowers - One table had Anderson "poverty pony" lowers for $65
    Primers - Some, but you won't want to pay the huge markup.
    Powder - I bought a pound of CFE-223 for $35. Prices and availability getting better, but there was a lot I couldn't find.
    I was looking for a CMMG .22LR AR conversion kit to build a Tubee22. They are $200 many places online, sometimes $160. I found them at 2 tables for $260.
    Last edited by Suburban; October 16th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak0 View Post
    Yup lots of junk and most everything was overpriced. Did not seem any bigger than the last show even though it was supposedly 500 more tables.

The ammo dealer in the front left of the entrance had the lowest price for brass 9mm I saw: $20 a box for Blazer Brass. Still more than I'm willing to spend for 9mm but not outrageous if you need some. There was another table in the middle somewhere that had Fiocchi 9mm 100rds for $40 as well.
    I saw one ammo dealer along a width ways wall, so either an end or a divider, can*t remember, he had Fiocchi or some other brass 9mm I*d never heard of but was made in the US and looked fine. They were both $16.99/box.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    That was probably me. At first I decided to leave it in the car. Then I decided to go back out and get it. Lots of interest, lots of people wanted to ask about it and talk about it which was good but no one wanted to buy it for market price. Most dealers were pleasant and friendly. A few guys seemed irritated by my asking price. The friendly ones all seemed to think it was a fair price but wasn*t enough for them to make money on. I can understand that and I wasn*t desperate to sell. One guy was annoyed that I wouldn*t take his offer of $300 less than I was asking. I see a lot of prices I don*t like at the show too. I just move along. I don*t stop to give the dealer a hard time about it. This was the first time I*d tried doing this. I just got a kick out of the irony. I know people need to make money but I didn*t have to sell and you wanted me to take $300 less than I wanted so you could sell it for $300 more than I wanted. You wouldn*t give me $300 off you*re asking price just because I wanted you to. One guy asked *what could you do for a dealer?* As if I should give him a fantastic price just because he*s a dealer. No thank you, have a nice day. I wonder how much he*d like it if I wanted to buy something from him and asked what he could for a customer?

I always enjoy walking around and had some good conversations but I left with two bags of beef jerky for my kids. I didn’t see anything I needed or wanted bad enough at any price I thought was worth it for me.

(Chester County)

I don*t understand why some vendors got mad when I didn*t show interest in their non firearm related products. It*s a gun show. I don*t want to shop for jewelry, massage packs, boot polish, or silicone pot holders. Don*t get pissy when I ignore your table and say no thank you when you want to show me that junk. Also I hate vendors who don*t have price tags next to their guns. Are you here to sell guns or just display them?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast