Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orsogato View Post
    Thanks Mike and everyone for your input. Here is how that section of the code reads:

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the license.

So worst case scenario, I am carrying during this interim time period, I have a situation that I have to use the firearm to defend myself that results in the death of my attacker, I will have one more hurdle to jump through in explaining my actions. Since I would rather be alive than dead, this is probably a risk worth taking. I think I am going to printout this section of the code in a small font version and stick it in my wallet.
    I believe this is the sticking point the legal beagles pointed out....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

The construct of 6106 b (12) makes no sense. It, in effect, provides for arrest and "allows" the section to be used as a defense. It leaves arrest open-ended, subject to the vagaries of discretion. I think it is an excellent example of bad law.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The construct of 6106 b (12) makes no sense. It, in effect, provides for arrest and "allows" the section to be used as a defense. It leaves arrest open-ended, subject to the vagaries of discretion. I think it is an excellent example of bad law.
    I would like to see the history of it. Sounds like someone with some pull, let their LTCF expire, was arrested & charged & at trial argued that other than letting it expire, they were good to go & that there should be a grace period.

(Allegheny County)

It's all BS and the right to carry (open, concealed, etc.) should be guaranteed by both the PA and the United States Constitutions. In fact, I think the PA Constitution's wording may even be stronger than the Second Amendment's wording. Nevertheless, we sheeple have let our rights slide down the slippery slope into the abyss, and this is what we have to deal with - being 'licensed' in order to exercise Constitutional rights.

Couple the timing of my license's expiration date with the Plannedemic, and it is a crappy situation to be in right now.

(Bucks County)

The wording and punctuation of the 2nd amendment, that the left loves to conflate, has reasons that are evidenced by writings at the time by the people involved in the writing of it.

Like the committee that builds a race horse that looks more like a camel, the leaders of the 13 colonies had concerns generated by their local uniquenesses. The result was a degree of compromise to provide the various needs.

Words at the time held meanings lost to our current generations, just as today's meaning of gay would befuddle them.

The educated left has to know these things, and their choosing to ignore the evidence just paints them bigger liars.

Wolf extended permits expiring on March 19 or later through Sept. 30.

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...earms-permits/

(Bucks County)

I have no faith that the extension will decrease the lines at the sheriff's offices, unless the assholes in charge of "controlling" the "concerned citizens" do something about them.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I would like to see the history of it. Sounds like someone with some pull, let their LTCF expire, was arrested & charged & at trial argued that other than letting it expire, they were good to go & that there should be a grace period.
    Go here and start at paragraph 5.

Commonwealth v. Anderson is the applicable case law.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

SOME PENNSYLVANIA SHERIFFS VIOLATING THE LAW AND THEIR OATH BY REFUSING TO PROCESS LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM APPLICATIONS AND SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO POTENTIAL PROSECUTION

Does this create a legitimate reason to sue the sheriff and those involved in the refusal if the refusal causes arrest and prosecution and...conviction... if it occurs? Or would it be deemed that carrying with expired license is a choice which lies solely with the (expired) licensee?

(Delaware County)

Friends of mine are going to get their 1st LTCF here in Delco. Couldn*t get an appointment till The week before Thanksgiving. This is nuts.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast